It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Incredible sadness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
    LucyMae
    (female)

LucyMae HB User
    Lightbulb Incredible sadness

I have had mild to moderate depression most of my life and am on a mild antideppressant. I thought I was nearing menopause but accupuncture brought my periods back fairly regularly. Lately I have been extremely tearful. Even just walking throught the grocery store i feel like I could just burst out crying. This is very new to me and quite alarming. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
    lKaz
    Inactive
    (female)

lKaz HB User
    Smile Re: Incredible sadness

Hi LucyMae,

I, too, have suffered from moderate depression my adult life and am on a antidepressant. Having been pre-menopausal for nearly two years now, I've found more symptoms of depression, anger and sadness. I believe I'm nearing the transition of losing my periods. This phase has brought on new symptoms of anger & sadness, as the night sweats and hot flashes continue. Do you experience these, even after acupuncture?

You might want to consult your doctor and increase your antidepressant dosage, or switch to another if this one isn't working for you anymore. Just a suggestion. I had to try several antidepressants to find the right one for me.

Having said that, a good antidepressant doesn't cure menopausal symptoms. It has been suggested to me to try natural remedies to relieve the sadness and anger I've been experiencing (in addition to my regular antidepressant). Examples: MACA Root, Omega3, extra calcium/magnesium, or this new suggestion to me was a product called 'Wisdom Menopausal Formula.'

I'm going the natural route due to medication conflicts I could have, versus the hormone therapy. Each woman is different as to what works for her, so I wish you well and hope you can find something to get your symptoms under control!

~lKaz

Closed Thread