It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Whats happening to me? Been on HRT over a year

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
    dreemesicle
    (female)

dreemesicle HB User
    Question Whats happening to me? Been on HRT over a year

Hi everyone!
    I'm 50 yrs old and have been on Bio-Identical HRT for over a year. And over the past couple of months, I've gained weight (15 pounds) and have been experiencing some of the symptons I had before starting the HRT, although, not quite severe as before HRT.
    Have you experienced this and if so, is it just a matter of adjusting my Bio-Identical HRT? Thanks for your help! Have a fantastic day!
    Tammy*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Re: Whats happening to me? Been on HRT over a year

HI there! I am 45 and been on the Bioidentical hormone creams for a year now too. I was feeling great and actually lost weight and now back at square one. So I hear ya! I have just been retested and my results will be in soon. I have a feeling my levels will need readjusted. I imagine yours will too. They say you have to be checked from time to time and you will need readjusted with your dosage. Hang in there. I am going through the same thing.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
    dreemesicle
    (female)

dreemesicle HB User
    Re: Whats happening to me? Been on HRT over a year

Thanks Tedds! Sorry to hear that your going through the same thing
    Hopefully after our labs come back, they'll get us straightened out. Like yourseelf, I had actually lost weight after starting the Bioidentical Hormone Cream. Until a couple of months ago.
    I did see my Dr. friday and had labs done. I was really bummed because she told me that is normal and I have to just accept it because it's nearly impossible to lose the weight you've gained during this time of my life. She said no matter what I try/do, the weight won't come off, whether it be with diet and exercise or anything else, it won't come off???
    I told her that I will lose the weight I gained and she just laughed and said it's just a fact of life and the sooner you realize the weight won't come off, the better you'll feel
    My HRT Dr retired a couple of months ago and the Dr I seen Friday is the other HRT Dr in the practice. I wasn't impressed with her and how discouraaging she was.
    My labs will be in tomorrow so we'll see what happens. I'd love to know what your results are if you don't mind sharing.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my message. Have a great day!
    Tammy*

Closed Thread