It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Can menopause cause Symptoms of Postpartum depression?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
    wildtexspirit
    (female)

wildtexspirit HB User
    Unhappy Can menopause cause Symptoms of Postpartum depression?

hi , I am wondering if crying as if I was in post pardum depression can be a symtom of menopause? Does anyone know? I started taking more magnesium after the Diuretic I used. this is my second day back on the Magnesium. and now I just wanna cry my butt off over something so stupid. I had that after I had my last child (daughter) but got better and besides that was 15 years ago. :/ I am besides myself cry cry cry over everything. I am afraid it is driving me insane or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Can menopause cause Symptoms of Postpartum depression?

Both are due to fluctuating hormones. Of course that's also a symptom of peri and menopause. Crying jags, screaming fits, so depressed you don't want to go out, husband hiding the kitchen knives,e tc.....

Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
    wildtexspirit
    (female)

wildtexspirit HB User

what do I do to help myself? I have no money to fix me. I need help and fast. I feel like I am about to just stop it all. I need help but can't get it cause I have no car no money.

I am crying right now.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Other than seeing a doctor for HRT or birth control pills, I'm not well versed on natural methods. Several people on this board are knowledgeable about them and hopefully will post some information. Otherise, exercise and sleep and good nutrition are always helpful

Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
    jw90
    (female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

no matter what... you should go to the doctor and let him know what is going on.. or if there is a planned parenthood in your area... in the area that we live in the state pays for transportation to and from appointments you can call your hospital and talk to a social worker and they should be able to point you in the right direction..and if I can be of further help let me know..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
    lelou
    (female)

lelou HB User

Hi

Yes crying is definetly a sign of the menopause, feeling depressed, low, tired, aches & pains in legs, hot flushes, cold sweats

I'm just starting to feel all these things now, i had a Hysterectomy in jan 2011, due to them finding endometrial carcinoma on the lining of my womb, i was only 45yrs old when i had this done & think i was premenopausal anyway, they took all the cancer out, & thankfully i didn't need any on going treatment, the full hysterectomy, which involved my ovaries,tubes,womb been taken away, they told me i would be basically thrown into the menopause because my ovaries were removed, & recommended i go onto HRT, but to be honest i hadn't had any symptoms since the hysterectomy, & didn't go on HRT, & thought i,d probably be OK,

Well that's what i thought untill abt a month ago, Out of the blue i started crying all the time over anything really, felt so low, so depressed, had to drag myself out of bed in the mornings, didn't want to get dressed, put on loads of weight, so my answer would be yes, what your feeling is definetly down to the menopause, i want to try & go thu this without the Aid of HRT, but don't no how long i can stand feeling the way i do either,

Can i ask are you on any treatment of your Menopause?

i think you may need a trip to your Doctors to find out if its the menopause causing your problems, I've already booked my Appointment, hope you will be able to get it sorted soon hun, i definetly no how your feeling :-)

All the Best

Old 04-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
    wildtexspirit
    (female)

wildtexspirit HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lelou View Post
    Hi

Yes crying is definetly a sign of the menopause, feeling depressed, low, tired, aches & pains in legs, hot flushes, cold sweats

I'm just starting to feel all these things now, i had a Hysterectomy in jan 2011, due to them finding endometrial carcinoma on the lining of my womb, i was only 45yrs old when i had this done & think i was premenopausal anyway, they took all the cancer out, & thankfully i didn't need any on going treatment, the full hysterectomy, which involved my ovaries,tubes,womb been taken away, they told me i would be basically thrown into the menopause because my ovaries were removed, & recommended i go onto HRT, but to be honest i hadn't had any symptoms since the hysterectomy, & didn't go on HRT, & thought i,d probably be OK,

Well that's what i thought untill abt a month ago, Out of the blue i started crying all the time over anything really, felt so low, so depressed, had to drag myself out of bed in the mornings, didn't want to get dressed, put on loads of weight, so my answer would be yes, what your feeling is definetly down to the menopause, i want to try & go thu this without the Aid of HRT, but don't no how long i can stand feeling the way i do either,

Can i ask are you on any treatment of your Menopause?

i think you may need a trip to your Doctors to find out if its the menopause causing your problems, I've already booked my Appointment, hope you will be able to get it sorted soon hun, i definetly no how your feeling :-)

All the Best
    Hi again. Yes I got to a doctor but unfortunately not until after I put myself in a Phyc Hospital. :/ I was told in there that I was Bi polar. lmao yeah I am ..not. I ended up in a treatment center in group because they thought I wanted to kill myself when I didn't. I was too scared to kill myself. I love life. I just didnt like feeling so sad and scared of everything. Now I ended up going to a Gast. Doctor and he did a Tummy and colon scopy. He found I have an Ulcer (nice sized one ) and I also had a Polp that was pre cancer. He removed the polp. I don't cry as much now. I was told I should get outside in the sun as much as I can without burning up. (light skinned) I have been doing so much gardening now. But still can't leave my home without going into an Anxiety attache. Heat flashes and mood swings of sadness still here. Just dont cry like I use to. Now it is down to 1 day of of the week if that. Thanks god. The female doctor wanted to put me on Prestiq and I didnt even try it. I read what effects it gives while on it and when getting off. :/ no way then .
    It took my regular doctor to tell me that if I haven't had a peroid since last year so a whole year she asked me. lol I said yes a whole year... (doctor says) then darling your in menopause. :/ I thought i was already. But she said no you were pre. ohh ok umm what. lol She said that I wasn't full blown yet but now I am. I am only 44 how much more of this do I have to deal with. I now take Xanax at night and morning I have to take my PPI for my Ulcer so I also make sure to take the magnesium with it. Trying to take it before the PPI. The female doctor I had went to and no longer do because she was so so rude to me . She had told me that she can't prescribed me HRT for the reason that I also smoke ciggs. I told her I would stop but she stopped my words and said no under no circumstances will she put me on them . She didnt want to take any chances. She said I would have to not be smoking for the least of 6 months and that was a maybe. :/ So hopefully my GP will send me to a much better female doctor. :/
    btw I have tried so hard to get off ciggs but with my stress levels I can't do it. Just found out that all our late fees have been piled up into a big huge bill and now might have to pay like 10,000+ so now more stress. Then our net will be turned off and then I wont have anywheres I can get help. Just want to cry now. lord.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #8
    Hodge64
    (female)

Hodge64 HB UserHodge64 HB UserHodge64 HB User

Hang on girl. You're not alone in this. T

The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge64 For This Useful Post:
    wildtexspirit (04-16-2013)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    crying, sad