It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• two periods -- perimenopause?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
    dsil
    (female)

dsil HB User
    two periods -- perimenopause?

I've been regular with periods my whole life. Last few months they were getting further apart - 37 days, 34 days and now this month I got one Sept 5 and Sept 20 again. having a hard time believing/accepting that this is perimenopause. I get night sweats before my period and I had all the symptoms of PMS before this second period, just freaking out because I got another one so close. I always assume the worst.......i.e. uterine cancer. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: two periods -- perimenopause?

Menstrual cycles can be all over the place in perimenopause - longer, shorter, heavier periods, lighter periods. It can be a nuisance sometimes but, thankfully, doesn't go on forever. If it gets to be too aggravating, birth control can be a big help in regulating everything. If you just need something for heavy bleeding and don't want to go the BC route, there are non-hormonal options - Lysteda (tranexamic acid) or OTC or Rx NSAID's (such as Aleve or Motrin).

Old 09-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
    jojopooh
    (female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User
    Talking Re: two periods -- perimenopause?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dsil View Post
    I've been regular with periods my whole life. Last few months they were getting further apart - 37 days, 34 days and now this month I got one Sept 5 and Sept 20 again. having a hard time believing/accepting that this is perimenopause. I get night sweats before my period and I had all the symptoms of PMS before this second period, just freaking out because I got another one so close. I always assume the worst.......i.e. uterine cancer. Any thoughts?
    dsil. What you are going through is so normal during perimenopause. Last year, I wore a mini pad every day and carried tampons with me at all times. I would have 2 periods a month, skip a few months, 4 to 5 days of spotting before a full blown period. I haven't had a period in 8 months, but I am still prepared if I do get one. During this time, periods are all over the map.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
    sugcoffee
    (male)

sugcoffee HB User

Hi there, tell me if this is pre or the ral thing?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
    MollyW2013
    (female)

MollyW2013 HB User

How old are you?
    I have always been regular as well, and then had a few that were longer or shorter between for a few months, and now I'm back to being regular.

I do have night sweats periodically.
    And, I have brain fog like you wouldn't believe, right before my period and for like a week after! It's so annoying!

And I'm 39!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
    dsil
    (female)

dsil HB User

Molly - I'm 44. Went to GYN this week. She is testing me for Prolactin and thyroid. I feel they will both be normal. I'm still trickling on with this period, but its getting lighter.

Closed Thread