It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Could this be perimenopause?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
    espin
    (female)

espin HB User
    Could this be perimenopause?

Hi! I am new to the board and trying to find some answers to all the symptoms I have. My periods have been very light for the last couple of months. I do have constant palpitations and have been admitted to the hospital for them. I had a whole cardiac testing done and everybody says this is not heart disease.

Lately I have had bad anxiety, palpitations and high blood pressure. Most days I feel like every time I stand up and walk around I am going to faint (like my blood sugar is low) I had my hormones tested and my estrogen and progesterone levels are very low. But my gyno says I am not perimenopausal?I feel so anxious this all is making my life miserable. Doctors look at me like I am stupid, crazy and have been yelled at for going to the dr office to seek advice.

Anybody have had any high blood pressure due to the "change"? Am I really not even close to be in perimenopause? This is all so confusing and discouraging.

Can somebody help me?

~Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Could this be perimenopause?

What was your FSH level? If they didn't tell you that, call and ask. Tests don't come back with "normal" as a result. They all come back with a number or value of some sort. That may be within normal range, but we need to know what the range is and what our score was. Always ask.

And how high is your blood pressure? Are you on meds for it? That's not a symptom of peri but could be very serious.

In other words, a little more info, please.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
    espin
    (female)

espin HB User

I take meds for the palpitations to lower the pulse and that medication helps with blood pressure too. Some days my blood pressure is under control and some days is through the roof. It is very erratic.

All my gyno said is that my FSH is on the normal range but my progesterone is in post menopausal range and the estrogen is almost on post menopausal range too.

The dr wants to start me with HRT using a patch only when my period is here since that is when I get most of my plapitations. That is the symptom that bothers me the most.

This anxiety thing started a couple of months ago and it has been getting worst. I am afraid to be alone for fear that I will pass out and not be able to pick my daughter's from school. When I get this anxious my BP can go as high as 140/90 and then because I worry it stays high. I am not in any meds for blood pressure. I was once but it lower my BP so much I passed out an ended up with a nice ride on an ambulance to the hospital. That was almost a year ago.

I feel doom that I will be this sick forever!

Old 09-13-2014, 05:12 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

An FSH level of 34 is considered menopausal so knowing how close it is would be beneficial. You could do birth control and that might help. When I started down this road we just changed my bcp to one with more estrogen until I eventually went on HRT full time. It really made a difference.

Closed Thread

Tags
    high blood pressure, hormones, palpitations, perimenopause