It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Abdominal Hysterectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
    patella
    (female)

patella HB User
    Abdominal Hysterectomy

I have read all the stories about surgery gone wrong and extreme pain and wanted to share something on the happier side. I had my abdominal hysterectomy 3 weeks ago today! The doctor opted for abdominal surgery because he wanted to get a good look at everything. I was having heavy periods, 2 or 3 days of the month staying in bed and just getting up to go to the bathroom. I also lost some mobility in my right hip, I couldn't pick up my leg and my back seemed to hurt all the time. The doctor removed my uterus, cervix, and right ovary. The right ovary had attached to the lining over my hip. The most uncomfortable thing about surgery was the foley catheter and once the morphine kicked in that was okay. The first day I just laid in bed, watched t.v., I was on a liquid diet that day, but I like chicken broth and jello. The second day the catheter was removed, and I was able to get solid foods and walk around. I got to go home on the second day. By the first week I honestly felt better than before surgery. I can lift my leg! I like to sleep on my side, so I have to cuddle a pillow or I wake up sore. Walking does seem to put a pull on my incision and that's uncomfortable. But overall, very happy to have had a hysterectomy and wish I would have went to the doctor sooner.

The following user gives a hug of support to patella:
    wilberry228 (10-02-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    hysterectomy, recovery time