It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Spotting and cramping post-menopausal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
    snorchy51
    (female)

snorchy51 HB User
    Spotting and cramping post-menopausal

I am 51...haven't had a period in almost two years I think. A couple of weeks ago I had a tiny bit of spotting. It was not dark or clotty...more red. Had an ultra sound the next day...and by that time there was no more spotting. I had a bit of cramping...kinda that dull cramping like right before you get your period. I also have IBS so I'm never sure what's causing what! Apparently they were unable to see my endometrial lining on the ultrasound! Uhhh...where did it go exactly?!? And they could only see one ovary which looked normal. There were no pelvic masses. So now I have to have an endometrial biopsy which of course is scaring the crap out of me. And yes...I'm guilty of googling! Since the ultra sound, I've had a bit more cramping and a tiny eensy bit of discharge. Has anyone had anything like this before? Menopause ain't no fun!!

The following user gives a hug of support to snorchy51:
    rainbowsrock (11-06-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: Spotting and cramping post-menopausal

Chances are that the bleeding is nothing serious. Even though all episodes of post-menopausal bleeding should be investigated, it is more common than most realize and is usually nothing more than some sporadic ovarian activity. Also, an atrophic (thin) lining can cause spotting. Hope you fit into the norm and this is nothing serious.

The Following User Says Thank You to STLouisgal For This Useful Post:
    snorchy51 (11-06-2014)
    Closed Thread