It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• menopause clicking joints in pelvis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
    sacramentomama
    (female)

sacramentomama HB User
    Unhappy menopause clicking joints in pelvis

Hi everyone.
    I am turning 50 in June! I had a period in March of last year and another in July. Since then, nothing--so I am guessing I am in the throws of menopause.

For the past three months or so I have been experiencing intense hot flashes and a strange clicking/popping of the joint in the front of my pelvis (the pubis symphysis). It is very problematic as it has become painful as well.

I am treating my hot flashes with black cohosh (sp?) and soy supplements. The results have been good. I am also taking calcium and vitamin D with a multivitamin. I have recently added glucosomine and chondroitan (again, please excuse my misspelling).

Have any of you experienced the aching/popping/clicking in the pelvis? Particularly the pubis symphysis? I have been searching for answers on the internet with no results.

Thank you for any answers you can give me!

Last edited by sacramentomama; 01-26-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
    sacramentomama
    (female)

sacramentomama HB User
    Re: menopause clicking joints in pelvis

Also thought I would add this: While I was pregnant some years ago now, I had similar problem with the pubis symphasys. It was explained by my MD that it was due to hormones relaxing that joint to accommodate the size of the baby's head. I am certain I am not pregnant; however, the pain and the clicking are very similar. So I am wondering if it could be due to hormonal changes since I am not going into menopause. Has anyone had a similar experience???

Closed Thread

Tags
    cracking joints, pelvic