It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Perimenopause, is this normal??😳😁

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
    Mblaizen
    (female)

Mblaizen HB User
    Question Perimenopause, is this normal??😳😁

Hello all!
    I'm new here. Been driving myself whacky on and off for past few years, really, trying to figure out if this is normal or, you know....not good. I'm 48, have relatively normal periods about every 4 weeks with the usual cramping first day. But off and on I've been spotting between. Just gonna apologize for the tmi, but...used to be beige/ brown mixed with mucous (I know, but I want help) but past several months, not necessarily every month, can be red and a bit more than the usual "spotting." This month it happened about 11 days after period started. On the 10th day I felt twinges in lower right abdomen/pelvic area. Not pain, just twinges for a second or so kinda like waves, for about 24ish hours, then gone. Now, day 14-15 I'm ovulating (get that pain around the back, always have had this for ov, on my left side). Have minor spotting off and on for few days now, nothing I really need protection for. I've had vaginal us done in past. Last one 2 1/2 yrs ago. Doc said had cyst on left ovary, but couldn't feel anything so said it probably resolved itself, that this is normal. I have appt in April for a physical, but until then just wanting to know if others have this type of symptoms of the closing down of our reproductive system also??

I am in shape, kickbox, lift weights 4-5 times a week, try not to eat processed foods, but today don't seem to have any desire to move. Just looking for peace of mind 😊

Thank you ever so much,
    Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
    Froodie
    (female)

Froodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB User
    Re: Perimenopause, is this normal??😳😁

It doesn't sound entirely right to me. I would go back to your doctor. I would also get the cyst checked out.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Brown discharge is jsut old blood that wasn't expelled in a previous period. It alone id nothing to worry about. Are you on birth control? Taking HRT?

Old 03-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #4
    Mblaizen
    (female)

Mblaizen HB User

Hello, no, I'm not on anything at all. I have a friend who is 60 and says she had all these same symptoms. Frustrating, I can live with it as long as everything is ok. Guess I just have to wait to find out 😒

Closed Thread

Tags
    ovarian cysts, perimenopause, spotting