It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Fatty lump beside penis... please read

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1
Emerican HB User
Fatty lump beside penis... please read

Im 16 years old and I've had this fatty lump beside my penis for a few years now. I suspect it to maybe be a build up of liquid. Anyways the lump is about the size of my testicle. it is on the right side of my penis right above the testicle and isn't painful. Im pretty sure it's not cancer, because it just feels like a fatty gland and I can actually feel it drop down above my testicle. whenever I stand it seems to drop down into my sack making my right testicle look twice it's normal size. Its weird because I can push it up, towards my stomach, and it will just stay there until I stand up and it drops back down, so I'm pretty sure it's not connected to my testicle. does anyone have any information on this? or have dealt with a similar problem?

Last edited by Emerican; 12-07-2005 at 09:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,191
tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Fatty lump beside penis... please read

Could it be a variocele? Or a hernia? This is worth a trip to the doctor.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,622
Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Fatty lump beside penis... please read

Sure sounds like a variocele to me, I'd be seeing a doc to get this one checked out and taken care of. I'm surprised it isn't painful for you. Let us know what you find out.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:46 AM   #4
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 23
humanista HB User
Re: Fatty lump beside penis... please read

Hey what's up--to me what you describe sounds like a hernia: feels soft and liquidy, ball-size, right above your ball, capable of being pushed into your abdomen, descending into your sack when you stand, etc. Do you feel anything different when you digest, or when you cough? Has it remained constant in size?

I had a hernia for many years before I got treatment for it. Experienced similar symptoms. Over time the lump got bigger, and became more uncomfortable. If that's what it is, it won't go away by itself, so you should get treatment. If you are still unsure but aren't ready to go to the doctor, you might ask your coach to take a look if you are in sports. Good luck.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
My tests show NOTHING! but lump is there!! nanceetrip Cancer: Breast 5 04-17-2009 06:38 PM
Lump that has appeared suddenly overnight in my "pubic area" Gone_Crazy Women's Health 3 03-15-2009 10:05 AM
Small lump under the skin (genetalia) Eyph Men's Health 2 03-18-2007 11:02 PM
lump on penis please help? garyb1984 Men's Health 0 05-03-2006 05:03 PM
Please Help: Mysterious lump on Penis (cancer?) Paranoidude Men's Health 2 12-23-2005 02:13 PM
Lump on penis Axle Urology 0 09-08-2004 12:28 AM
weird lump on penis bikinguy06 Men's Health 1 03-27-2004 10:45 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!