It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Healing time for foreskin retraction

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
xomegasquadx
(male)

xomegasquadx HB User
Unhappy Healing time for foreskin retraction

Hi, I finally decided to go to the doctor to have my foreskin pulled back because the adhesions were too much to deal with on my own. Anyways, it went well and they were able to pull the foreskin back under a local anesthetic using a blunt probe and yes, they did have to cut the frenulum as well because it was very tight. This was 4 days ago. I pull back the foreskin several times a day to make sure it doesn't heal back onto the head. There is a raw band of skin (that was attached to the head before) behind my head which is about .5-.8 inches wide.

Now here is my problem. The doctor said to clean the wound well (obviously) and to pat it dry afterwards. He said to do this several times a day. I can't do this for two reasons:
1. The head of my penis is SUPER sensitive. I tried cleaning it with water and I damn near fainted.
3. The raw spot is sensitive too!

I know I need to keep it clean, I mean you have to keep any raw spot clean but this is near impossible. The most I can do is take a very moist piece of toilet paper and pat very gently the raw band of skin in an effort to remove some of the mucus that has begun to form (very little amounts). Approaching the head of the penis is impossible. Although I can clean the tip of it, the back part of the head is .

I have two questions:
1. Whats the best way to clean it. The doctor makes it sound so easy but even the slightest touch by water hurts.
2. How long will it take to heal? It looks raw as hell right now and red from blood (not solid blood per say, I removed that stuff after I came home the first day--the local anesthetic had not worn off completely--but kind of wet-ish raw skin). The head itself is surprisingly normal looking though it has a little bruise from where they injected the local anesthetic.

Thanks! You guys are the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
cleansweap
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Healing time for foreskin retraction

?? No suggestions/prescriptions/IBprophen/For God's sake! Tylenol, from the doctor for pain??? I'm sorry, I would be calling that doctors office, none stop!Lol.. Maybe you could use what is used on a babies penis after it's circumsized! Assuming, they don't suggest using nothing, letting the poor thing suffer in pain!! I'm sorry. I just got a little emotional there for a second. Lol. I guess I'm not being any help to you huh? If you would like a suggestion, I would try putting petroleum jelly (vaseline) on it. It's most of the time safe for everything! Cuts, burns, etc. Hey, and in the meantime, where loose clothing, if any at all! I would just keep on a bath robe at the most..

Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
boogabear
(male)

boogabear HB Userboogabear HB Userboogabear HB User
Re: Healing time for foreskin retraction

He is right. Call the doc. Tell him what you are telling us. Ask for an antibiotic cream to avoid infection and possibly also combined with an analgesic for your discomfort. If this is not a combination he can prescribe then ask what he recommends for pain relief. You don't have to go through this discomfort without some help. Good luck.

Closed Thread