It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Hormone levels and Masterbation

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Jinxy285
(male)

Jinxy285 HB User
Hormone levels and Masterbation

I remember reading somewhere a while back that if a male masterbates withOUT orgasm that it would raise his T level. And of course I think that it is common knowledge that if you have any sexual activity causing orgasm then it will temp drop your T level and raise your prolactin level temporarily, Sounds strange but I am just curious if there is any type of physical exercise to raise T levels? Sort of like Kegel exercises are supposed to strengthen the prostate or supporting muschles etc..... Any thoughts??? other than of course, why would you want to masterbate without orgasm...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
hayfarmer
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User
Re: Hormone levels and Masterbation

I have read on some body building websites that some exercises can increase T. Using large muscles like doing squats with weights was supposed to do it. I don't know if it is accurate or not.

Orgasm does increase prolactin and high prolactin can inhibit T production....something I recently discovered. If you are healthy it should not effect you much at all except to keep you from wanting sex for a number of hours.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #3
SufferingEd
(male)

SufferingEd HB User

I do not know if it would increase T, but I guess it could be like foreplay, kind of like if your wife fooled around with you a little in the morning, then with drew and said wait until tonight. You night have been thinking about having sex that night anyways but now your thinking damn I can not wait until tonight. Makes you alittle hornier. If that makes any since.

This is also why I know my prolactin and T is out of wack. A little over a year ago I wanted sex a lot more than I do now. If wife was not in the mood or if it was her time of the month, I had no problem picking up a playboy/Victoria's Secrets Catalog and doing a little masturbation. Now playboy does nothing for me and I would be afriad to masturbate becuase my drive is already really low.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
Jinxy285
(male)

Jinxy285 HB User

Hey Ed,

I do not remember if you posted your blood work numbers. I ask becuase I was told that if your E2 is out of balance with your T then that can kill your libido also. I had high, 37, prolactin and I started bromocriptine and my libido was high for a month. But in the subsequent blood work the prolactin actually went up a bit to 40, but my T shot up in response to the med... I was using 10g of AG at that time and it had NO effect on my T level until I started the bromo... You never know... I was only taking 1/2 of a 2.5 mg pill to start and it had a huge effect on my libido...talk to your Dr and see if they are willing to give that a try. I believe it has very low incedence of side effects. good luck....

Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
Jinxy285
(male)

Jinxy285 HB User

Off topic, but what the heck since I started the topic
Ed, I also was told that Maca will act as a prolactin inhibitor... You may want to try that... I read a article online that said in a test Maca was given to X number of people and then the tested hormone levels and there was no change.... BUT I know someone who claims he knows from anecdotal evidence that maca is a great prolactin inhibitor.... I had mentioned on another post that I was using horny goat weed with Maca a few months back and my libido, which has been crap, went thru the roof... but after a couple months the effects started to go away and then disapeared. I recently went off AG for 30 days to see if I could re start thing naturally. unfortunatly my doc would not give me clomid, just said let nature takes its course.... did not work in my opinion based on how I felt although i have not seen the blood work. anyway. I plan to give the HGW and Maca another try since I had an extended vacation from it.... good luck with your issues... it sucks...I know from exp.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
SufferingEd
(male)

SufferingEd HB User

Jinx--My E2 was 23 and my T was at a high for me at 528. If the T 30X the E2 is correct then my E2 should be 690. I did not know if the ratio was off it could also kill sex drive. So lets see sex drive is low, bad ED, could my high prolcatin, could be T is not high enough or could be that T and E2 are in sinc with each other. Boy am I going to keep Endo busy with questions. I still have not heard back from them. Its been a week since I faxed them a bunch of stuff. Maybe they are all sitting around dreading my actual visit. I am not going to take anything extra right now with an Endo appt in 2 weeks, but I will right that down. I also read on iethir htis board or another that bodybuilders use Chasteberry to lower their prolactin.

How many mg.or grams of horny weed and maca did you use?

Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
Jinxy285
(male)

Jinxy285 HB User

The stuff I used was a blend.. but said "Horny Goat Weed" on the label.
500mg of HGW
250mg of Maca
34mg of macuna pruniens
25mg of polypodium vulgare

bought it at the local drugstore. comes with a orange cap and label, hard to miss if your drugstore carries it.. pretty cheap to... btw...the above dosage was per serving which is two caps...

btw,btw..yeah I think I mentioned Chasteberry to you also... I have been using it, but it did not have the noticable effect that this stuff did...I would highly rec giving the HGW a try...it might not work for you...but if it does...you will be very pleased with the effect on your libido..and another thing to keep in mind... when I used it in the afternoon, I did not feel the effects until the next morning...but the effects are noticable...believe me...

good luck...

Last edited by Jinxy285; 04-19-2007 at 02:46 PM.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
SufferingEd
(male)

SufferingEd HB User

Found it. Your right it is cheap, 8.95 for 60 capsules. Even read a review that said the same thing you said. I am just scared to try anything in fear of it messing up more hormones. Did it screw around with any of your blood work? I will definitaly keep it in mind though. Thanks.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
Jinxy285
(male)

Jinxy285 HB User

Blood work...yes, I had a T level of 750 and prolactin of 16 and I started taking this HGW and my next blood showed 895 T and 6 prolactin.... It is your choice. but IMO if you try it and it works then simply take a 2 week break from it before your blood work. but it is your decision... I was just responding becuase I know where your coming from in terms of having performance anxiety where your wife if concerned... with TRT and the HGW...my wife was like "stay away from me" ...lol....I had not heard that in a while.... good luck as always...

Closed Thread