It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Painful Bleeding Cyst Abcess Question

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
leebrown61
(male)

leebrown61 HB User
Cool Painful Bleeding Cyst Abcess Question

Hi,
I have a question. About 2 years ago I developed a really bad abcess in the area beneath my scrotum. It was not in my scrotum but the area between it and you know where. Anyway I got really sick and ended up in the urologist office. He said that it needed to be drained right way. He wanted to take me over to the hospital to surgery where I could be sedated. Like an idiot though I decided to have him do it in his office to save time. BIG mistake. Pain that I will never forget. I ended up homebound for 2 weeks with visiting nurses to change the packing since I could not reach the area.
Anyway, the thing came back about 3 months ago. It started really small and than got really really big, painful, and sore. It gets about the size of a walnut and than bleeds (bright red blood) until it gets small again. I have gone through this cycle 4 times in the past few months. Last time I was at the urologist (he is following me for urinary frequency and suspicious irregular cyst in my left kidney) he felt the cyst but it was small at that time.
He told me to call him if it got big again. Well it is. I am sitting at work in quite a bit of discomfort. It bled quite a bit last night but did not get much smaller.
I am (I admit) afraid to call the urologist. I don't want to be cut again and be stuck at home and have the embarressment of strangers coming to my home to change my packing. I live a lone and my dog just won't do it.
What could be causing this thing to get bit and bleed and than get small until it gets bit and bleeds again.
Is it a just a cyst or could it be something more?
Please advise if possible.
Thanks
Lee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
tommy124
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Painful Bleeding Cyst Abcess Question

Do you really think that taking advice from people with no professional training over the internet, is preferable to taking advice from the medically trained?
If I were you, I would ask these questions of a doctor, or series of doctors, and have the work done in the hospital.

Closed Thread