It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Hirsuties papillaris genitalis or "Pearly Penile Papules" (& tight foreskin)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
justcurious89
Inactive
(male)

justcurious89 HB User
Hirsuties papillaris genitalis or "Pearly Penile Papules" (& tight foreskin)

Is the only treatment carbon dioxide laser?
I understand it is not a dangerous condition, but I'm sure its not pleasant to look at for women.

I would prefer some sort of cream or something for which I do not have to see a dermatologist, as it takes very long to make an appointment in my area. I don't have a problem with seeing my doctor and asking for a prescription for something.

Also, I have recently read GeoffB's article on tight foreskin.
I have a mild case of tight foreskin. The only time I cannot pull it back is when I am FULLY erect. I am having some trouble understanding whether I should stretch the foreskin while fully erect or while flaccid.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 06:23 AM   #2
tommy124
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Hirsuties papillaris genitalis or "Pearly Penile Papules" (& tight foreskin)

You should stretch while flaccid, if possible. It lessens the already small chance of the foreskin getting stuck behind the head and swelling (paraphimosis).
It doesn't sound like you have far to go, anyway...probably a couple of weeks will do it.
About the pearly penile papules, if a woman has seen three penises, chances are she's seen them. They may not be pretty, but they are normal, and harmless.
You know how a slight pimple on your face looks like a mountain to you, and might not even be noticed by someone else? Your mind is magnifying the PPP, because you don't like them. They are nerve endings. They help you feel the vagina. If a long series of women recoil in horror, I might consider doing something surgical. Short of that, just think...if a girl had long labia, or one was a bit longer than the other, would I be horrified? Most women just don't get as hung up about a penis as men do.
You are young. Enjoy your life. Make sure you are the kind of guy who treats a woman well, and you will never have a problem with any of this.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
justcurious89
Inactive
(male)

justcurious89 HB User
Re: Hirsuties papillaris genitalis or "Pearly Penile Papules" (& tight foreskin)

thanks so much for the help!
[deleted]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-02-2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: New, off topic question deleted. Please do not ask the same question on more than one thread or board. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:26 AM   #4
bluekitten
(female)

bluekitten HB User

hey,

i know this is a few months after you posted but being a woman i thought i'd reply to your message. My partner has PPP and i can assure you it doesn't bother me at all. It isn't hazardous and the look of it doesn't put me off. If you find someone who really cares about you then it shouldn't bother them that you have this. And as tommy124 said, it probably looks worse to you than anyone else as it's on your body. The more you worry about it the more it will draw people's attention towards it, making you feel worse. If you want more reassurance look on ****pedia - you will find that a large proportion of men actually get PPP.

Closed Thread