It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Gynecomastia (male breast)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
stupid keloid
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: tx
Posts: 4
stupid keloid HB User
Gynecomastia (male breast)

Wow what an embarrassing topic...
Anyway, I'm 26 years old. When I was younger going through puberty I was sort of chunky, not fat just a little chunk. I had little man- boobs too. As I grew taller and I got older my fat vanished, but my chest still had a little. They didn't appear like breasts though, they looked like I worked out and had some muscle. Until the past few years.
I've gained some weight. Almost all the weight went to my stomach, hips, and unfortunately, my chest also.
I have thin legs, thin arms, thin face and neck. But my torso hogs all the fat from the rest of my body...
Anyway- this is supposed to be about man breasts.
I'm extremely embarrassed about asking my doctor. I'm sure he's noticed I have slight man breasts, but I didn't mention it, and neither did he because it's probably not a big deal, medically.
How do I know if I have a hormone imbalance or what the cause of it is? I'll admit I haven't done much (anything) to get rid of them. I just hide them by choosing my clothing precisely.
I've heard alcohol can contribute to male chest fat, and lucky me- I'm an alcoholic. I don't drink every day, I try to stick to my rule of only drinking on weekends, but even still- I drink a lot on weekends and I'm not talking bud light, I'm talking real beers and whiskey.

One fear I have is if I lose weight, it will be across my whole body. Well I can't afford to lose weight in my face, or my legs, arms, or neck. Those parts of my body are already thin. If I lose more weight there I'll be a twig.

How can I make sure to keep the mass on my other body parts, but tone up, and ditch my female-like curves between my waist and neck???

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 04-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,211
tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Gynecomastia (male breast)

This isn't all that big a deal, because every guy grows them as he ages.
You can go to an endocrinologist, and request a full workup. As for testosterone, free testosterone, and estradiol. The estradiol, I have heard, can cause this, if it is high.
Best of luck with this.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
gynecomastia thatoneguy765 Hormone Problems 2 09-27-2009 10:29 AM
what is the difference between gynecomastia and a female breast? BobbyB65 Men's Health 1 03-17-2008 07:34 AM
gynecomastia surgery madness1111 Men's Health 2 11-30-2007 10:21 AM
Gynecomastia Xfactor Men's Health 10 12-03-2006 06:48 AM
male breast (gynecomastia) feima Men's Health 6 06-11-2006 07:32 AM
gynecomastia from asthma meds? josh1187 Asthma 1 06-06-2006 07:42 AM
Gynecomastia and nipple reduction. Serith Exercise & Fitness 1 04-02-2005 06:08 AM
pubertal gynecomastia taka6^ Men's Health 3 01-19-2004 08:28 AM
Gynecomastia - male breast questions Darkfur Men's Health 18 09-08-2003 10:23 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2017 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!