It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Dr's Appointment

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2003, 07:06 AM   #1
henryd
Inactive
(male)

henryd HB User
Post Dr's Appointment

Went to the doctor last night and was wondering about the paper gown you wear. when i got there they told me to take everything off and put on this gown. this paper gown really doesn't do much and when he walked in i had taken it off. he seemed a little surpirsed and i told him i felt more comfortable with out it on. how do you guys feel about being naked when getting a physical and all. plus when he did the rectal i felt some oozing and he said it was normal just gave me some tissues and cleaned off

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 09:12 AM   #2
Lance2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hey bud, makes more sense to leave us in our underwear til the doc is ready. That oozing was probably just the KY jelly after the exam, no big deal...my doc does the same, just wipe and you're done!

Old 08-01-2003, 11:47 AM   #3
sdp2
Veteran

sdp2 HB User
I think it's a bit silly to be there naked during the entire exam. I think it also makes it more awkward for the doctor to be standing there talking to you while you are completely disrobed. Even though the doctor is a professional and has seen it all before doesn't mean he wants to stare at your naked body if he doesn't have to.

Old 08-01-2003, 03:27 PM   #4
happy go lucky

happy go lucky HB User
I always ask what the doc prefeers me to wear, gown, undies or nothing. Frankly I do nto care either way, I spend a lot of time in locker rooms dialy getting ready for workouts, wrestling training, etc., frankly I am very comforatbale naked or with my underware.

relax and be cool, take care

Old 08-01-2003, 03:28 PM   #5
happy go lucky

happy go lucky HB User
btw it's the doc not poseing for a naked calender, it is not like the doc hasn's seen a naked guy!

Old 08-01-2003, 05:06 PM   #6
sdp2
Veteran

sdp2 HB User
Well obviously the doc has seen it before but in most situations I would think it would be easier to have a conversation with a person when that person is covered rather than having his ****** dangling there in front of you.

Old 08-02-2003, 03:17 AM   #7
JDinCA
(male)

JDinCA HB User
I think if the Doctor asks you to put on a gown, like it or not, you put on the gown.

Old 08-02-2003, 09:29 AM   #8
happy go lucky

happy go lucky HB User
That is why i always ask, at the docs office they r the boss and I am not uncomfortable 4 them to see me, they have seen plenty of people, so what is the big deal. I have been to dermatologist who looks at ur entire body to see if u have a rash or any problem elsewhere u may not realize.

I have been to docs, that tell u to take everything off so they can examine ur testicles, etc.

They each may do ask 4 soemthing differenty. Besides, I hate those paper gowns, u can tear them putting them on and they itch!

Closed Thread