It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Penis irritation - please help!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: tampa bay, fl
Posts: 3
marked216 HB User
Penis irritation - please help!

Hello everyone,
I am at my wits end and am hoping somebody can help me. I'll keep this as brief as I can:

I was in a long-term relationship that ended, and after a few months, began a new relationship. I'm hoping this current relationship works out, as I really love the girl I'm with, but am facing a rather embarrassing problem.

About a month ago, I noticed that after sex (unprotected) I had a few red spots on my penis. Nothing was raised, it just looked like friction burn. I took it easy for a while and moisturized. The spots were on the left and right of my penis shaft when looking down, the most noticeable of them were on the circumcision line. After a couple of days, they became crusty. If I put water or moisturizer on the spots, the crust went away but came back a little while later.

My penis peeled a lot and was pink on both sides from peeling, much like a sunburn. It eventually went back to normal colour with the spots barely visible. This was in the span of about a week. After sex, again, the spots came back. This time, there was intense itching on my scrotum as well. I started putting canesten on the area as I thought it was fungal. After a couple of days, I went to the doctor. He prescribed Lamisil. After a couple more days, the itching went away, but the red spots were still there. So I went to my family doctor, who thought it was an allergic reaction rather than fungal and gave me a cream for it. I've tried canesten, this cream, lamisil, hydrocortizone, and polysporin and after a month, the red spots are still there and continue to get crusty/peel every few days. The red spots themselves won't go away. I'm also scared that all of these creams are thinning the penis skin.

I have another doctor appointment on Wednesday, but I'm hoping to get feedback here. I bought some monistat 3 today and am going to apply it as I think there's a remote possibility it may be a yeast infection, though the symptoms don't exactly match (it doesn't burn while peeing, no discharge, etc). One thing that has come up is there are tiny bumps at the base of my penis shaft on both sides, 2 clusters of tiny bumps. Not sure if that's related, but that just started happening last week. So the symptoms are those tiny bumps and what looks like small patches of friction burn that get crusty every couple of days, but remain. Immediately after sex, those patches are brighter red than normal.

It's really embarrassing to show my penis to my girl, and it's been on my mind a lot lately. I just want to know what it is and get rid of it. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I should mention, the sex is not dry. It's usually pretty lubricated down there. Also, it does often feel irritated like a friction burn. And to distinguish this from other posts here, it's not on the penis head, just the shaft.

Last edited by marked216; 11-01-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Red spot on my penis glans ntsaint Urology 4 06-09-2011 02:58 AM
irritation on penis sdbhanot Men's Health 1 10-25-2010 07:42 AM
Penis hurts please answer. Wriathsr Urology 0 04-25-2010 11:27 PM
Irritation Scar on Penis Head (please help) andy707 Sexual Health - Teens 1 09-18-2009 08:26 PM
Itchy rash, irritation on shaft of penis please help... jackier2d2 Sexually Transmitted Diseases 0 02-20-2008 09:05 AM
dry, red patches on penis-HELP! worrywart23 Sexually Transmitted Diseases 4 09-09-2006 10:12 AM
Please give me the truth! - STD, HIV or SKIN Disease??? hitman_010 Sexually Transmitted Diseases 0 08-26-2005 09:08 AM
Red irritation on penis after play time adzza Sexual Health - General 5 11-21-2004 06:19 PM
Scared of penis-skin problems...(please, someone help me) Sting1852 Men's Health 6 08-18-2003 07:05 PM
what looks like skin irritation on penis Jere Sexually Transmitted Diseases 1 06-06-2003 03:56 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!