It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Weird groin pain, abdomen pains and gas/ulcers/flu

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
SAINTPHILLY
(male)

SAINTPHILLY HB User
Weird groin pain, abdomen pains and gas/ulcers/flu

Ok so ive posted on here a few weeks back and didn't receive a great deal of feedback so Ive decided to update a post and see if these symptoms sound familiar to anyone (particularly guys);

About 7 wks ago a felt a sharp twinge down the top right hand side of my scrotum. Within a few days it had turned into an uncomfortable pain up towards my pelvis and lower back area. It seemed worse when sitting and squatting. After a week I started to grow VERY anxious. I was googling everything. Im very active but I hadn't done anything in about a week so I knew it wasn't a muscle strain. it felt different to that. After a week I then felt quite unwell and developed a low grade fever (amidst my anxiety) which lasted for 2 days.

I plucked up the courage to go to the docs after that and she suspected a UTI and gave me antibiotics for a week. Within a couple of days I felt better but not 100% and the effects plateaued. My anxiety grew even more so went back the docs where I was told the lab results showed nothing of a UTI. Doc then advised I might have muscular issue. Seemed very strange to me and I had little confidence in that diagnosis.

I continued to scare myself on google and I was having a few other symptoms around this time too which made things worse. I noticed excess flactulence, mild upper abdominal pains, some small mouth ulcers and a general feeling of not being myself for a few weeks. Low libido, low appetite, weight loss, and depression and anxiety as well.

With the problem being mainly down below I was fearing the worst and looking at STI's all the time. I thought given my fever and groin pain I may have HIV. My god - the anxiety reached fever pitch after that. I was a mess and cried everyday.

I plucked up the courage to go to the sexual health clinic in week 7 and thankfully all tests came back negative. Part of me is thinking that the test results were wrong though and any day now i'll get a call saying I have got HIV or some other nasty. I still cant relax.

So here Iam in week 8 nearly and I still have no idea what the hell was wrong with me. My aches and pains seem to be fading and my anxiety has lowered a little. With a bit of luck I might be close to a full 'physical' recovery in a few days. I was just wondering what effect high anxiety can have on a mans physical state? Can it cause illness, fever, fear, depression and pain?

A couple of things worth noting - my mum and sis have celiac disease which is heredity and from the internet it does say that aches and pains can be a symptom. I was thinking about getting tested and going gluten free for a week or so. see if that makes a difference.

Also ive had a suspected trapped nerve in my neck for a about 2 yrs. it causes some tingling in my body at times mainly in my right arm. Could a trapped nerve lower down cause all those symptoms? Ive also been checked for a hernia which was clear.

Im at a bit of a loss and cant stop worrying that I have a serious underlying issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
abdomen pain, celiac disease, gas, groin pain, ulcers