It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board

Teen needs some help with penis pain and problems

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
mrjefferey
(male)

mrjefferey HB User
Teen needs some help with penis pain and problems

So lately I have been going to the shower to wash my penis (uncut) and as soon as I pull the foreskin back and begin to wash it with my soap, I get a short burning pain on the lower left side of the head. What I also notice is a small patch of red spots on the lower side of the head along with a small amount of smegma. The foreskin however is normal colour, not red. I can push through the pain because it does not last. The real trouble is when I go to rinse it off. As soon as the water hits it, most of the head gets the same burning pain for a longer time (mostly until the water stops falling on it). During the day however, there is no pain. Also when I pee there is no pain.

Other recent facts about me :
I lately did not shower for a week because I was in the hospital on antibiotics for appendicitis and I was basically immobile.

I masturbate probably once every two days and sometimes twice on that day.

Prior to the hospital I did wash my penis well without any pain. On certain days I did not pull the foreskin all the way back.

At this point it's been 2 days and I am just starting to become a tiny bit worried. I am also gonna continue bathing and trying to wash my penis well until I get a response.

Update : Within 1 day I have been able to wash off the smegma by using my soap and gently draining water down my hand and rinsing it off. With this method, the pain is not as prevalent as it previously was but it is still there. The small patch of red spots are also going away and my penis is returning to normal colour. If pain persists then I will probably not update this thread.

Update : I can now safely say that my glans has returned to normal color and I can mostly wash it well. However the pain still remains when water hits it. What I have figured out though is that the higher the pressure of the water, the more the glans will hurt.

Update : I have noticed the foreskin becoming a bit tight to retract.

Last edited by mrjefferey; 07-24-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
Bob652
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Sorry to hear about your issue. It sounds like you might have a condition called balantis which is an inflammation of the area of your penis under the foreskin. Since you mentioned you were recently on antibiotics, it might be that the bacteria levels got messed up and allowed a fungal infection to start. The first thing to do is rinse your penis with clean water a few times per day. (Which it sounds like you are doing.) If it does not clear up or your foreskin continues to get tighter, it is best to see a doctor. They need to culture the area to see what is truly causing the infection and then give you the appropriate medicine to treat it.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
mrjefferey
(male)

mrjefferey HB User
Re: Teen needs some help with penis pain and problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob652 View Post
Sorry to hear about your issue. It sounds like you might have a condition called balantis which is an inflammation of the area of your penis under the foreskin. Since you mentioned you were recently on antibiotics, it might be that the bacteria levels got messed up and allowed a fungal infection to start. The first thing to do is rinse your penis with clean water a few times per day. (Which it sounds like you are doing.) If it does not clear up or your foreskin continues to get tighter, it is best to see a doctor. They need to culture the area to see what is truly causing the infection and then give you the appropriate medicine to treat it.
Thanks for your help. I can now say that the foreskin has become a lot more loose and easy to retract. I have not tried washing with high pressure. I have just been draining water onto it with my hand and using my thumb to gently rub it. At this point there is no pain in retraction or touch and I feel like it just took some washing (after that week of not washing) and time for the antibiotics to truly wear off. I feel a lot better now.

Closed Thread

Tags
foreskin, health, pains, penis, problems