It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• Is my medication making my mental state worse? (paxil/wellbutrin)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
    annak92
    (female)

annak92 HB User
    Unhappy Is my medication making my mental state worse? (paxil/wellbutrin)

I have been more depressed than ever this year and my psychiatrist upped my dosage on wellbutrin (bupropion) a few weeks ago. Since then I have been very anxious. I jump at the smallest sound and am scared any time someone touches me or says my name (I think its my amygdala being overactive, idk). Its embarrassing and causing me to be even sadder and more socially removed. I need help and will be seeing a counselor next week, but I was wondering if anyone else has had these problems with their medications. Thank you all for your help and support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #2
    Chloe7245
    (female)

Chloe7245 HB User
    Re: Is my medication making my mental state worse? (paxil/wellbutrin)

I was first put on Paxil when I was 16, it didn't help but only made me tired and feel somewhat off. I was then put on Effexor and my mood and state didn't improve from that one either , pretty much same results, a few years ago I was put on a newer one of which I forget the name ,but same thing except I got very moody after a few months and stopped taking them , gradually. Within the years of taking anti depressants I never felt as if any actually helped me, I also saw a psychiatrist in highschool because I was cutting myself as well and actually only started cutting myself after put on Paxil, not sure if that made me worse it not but I am sure that none actually made me any better. Years later, now , I still suffer with slight depression and moderate anxiety. But I deal with it . I go to the gym a few times a week and this has helped my mood and energy tremendously , even when I don't want to go I make myself and thank myself later on . I know others may disagree, but from my personal experience I never got anything positive from taking any type of anti depressant medication. I think our world is fixed on an easy quick fix and I don't believe medication is the answer for everyone.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, depression, medication, paxil, wellbutrin