It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• fear of getting schizo & Pd

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
    mtw0207
    (female)

mtw0207 HB User
    Smile fear of getting schizo & Pd

Hi guys, im 16 and im worried crazy. This just happened a few weeks ago; it all started from a panic attack and during this panic attack I felt out of touch with reality and feel like ive been in a dream! I feel as if im going through the motions of life and floating. I have seen a therapist because my mom was worried but she knew it was anxiety! I have this feeling all day and its been for weeks, but when i did hang out with friends, i noticed i wouldnt pay attention to it and i didnt feel as bad. I searched alot and several would say it is depersonalization & derealization .( excuse me if i am spelling these things wrong) When i went to visit my therapist he insisted that i needed to get off the internet, and these things are not true. He also told me if i had depersonalization & derealization i would definitely be in a mental hospital and not be able to function in society. not to mention, he asked if im doing this for attention.... It really frustrated me because people that wrote about there Dp etc, could function just as i could while having these symptoms. This has caused me to feel depressed. i dont want to always feel like im floating.

In addition to that, I am terrified of getting schizophrenia, i read that anxiety can turn into that and i think i am obsessed with the thought, I am scared i will hear and see things, for a while i made my self believe my intrusive thoughts where "voices" in my head, crazy? Ik! and also another obsession or fear i have is multiple personalities; since i have this out of touch with reality feeling & not in my body... i feel like im not going to be like myself and i wonder "what if i think im someone else" Or "dont recognize who i am" or begin to think i have multiple personalities. So as you can see, i have totally stressed myself out,.. i definitely feel alone, or if anyone knows how to make this better i would appreciate it , thank you!

Last edited by Administrator; 01-25-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
    pandabeans
    (female)

pandabeans HB User
    Re: fear of getting schizo & Pd

Wow what a ****** therapist, who is also wrong. A lot of people get depersonalization sometimes and they aren't in hospitals. I was on an anxiety med that caused it. Go try and talk to a counselor , maybe one who is specialized in anxiety and see if that helps. They usually are more understanding, at least mine is

And anxiety doesn't just turn into schizophrenia, that's something different. You can have it and anxiety or something else, but its not that simple

Last edited by pandabeans; 04-05-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Reply Reply