It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• is this crazy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2004, 04:33 AM   #1
    penki

penki HB User
    is this crazy?

Right, I don't want to give any backround on me, what happened in the past, because I don't want to missgive any info or anything. - But I was very ill.

I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes, and it's not just, 'am I going crazy?' - 'but I feel fine' thing.

I get really strange sensations where I FEEL like I'm going crazy, althouhg, I don't know what it feels like to be crazy, but this is how I feel. Whne I feel like going crazy I get this wierd feeling in my brain, like, some pressure, strange force... .

Don't know.... I feel like I am going crazy, but peopel say I am not. It really is worrying to feel this way, because, if it wasn't that bad I wouldn't worry about it, and now when it'smaking me feel this way I can't just say, I am fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User
    Re: is this crazy?

When my anxiety was really bad, I was soooo afraid I was going crazy. I was afraid I was going to start saying crazy things, acting crazy, thinking crazy, etc. Is this how you feel?
    It was only part of my anxiety and I am much better now.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
    penki

penki HB User

This is a messege I posted on another board I go to.
    This is what has been happening to me.
    -----------

Hi... as you might know from my previews posts, I've broken up with my girlfriend because she cheated on me. That was 3 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks it was so hard for me, I was depressed, feeling empty, was missing her SO much! it was so hard on my heart. I didn't go out anywhere for 3 weeks (expeprtion a few days when I went out with friends, but that's about 3 days in three weeks). I was in my room most of the time, laying in bed, watching TV or going online... and just crying and feeling horrible. Hardly ever left my room to go to the kitchen.

Now, I've been doing pretty OK, I have agreed that, hey, that's life, she cheated... I don't care as much now and I'm finally able to deal with this better. Finished my CV and gonna look for work.

But, other than feeling heart broken because of my relationship - I feel like I am going crazy... and here is why.

I've had really wierd moments where, all of a sudden, my brain gets this pressure and it phisically feels like I am going crazy, in my head, everything is SO confusing and irrotated, frightening and horrible and I am confused with what is happening around BUT, I DO understand what is happening around, it's just that it feels strange.

From the outside I look normal to my Mum., but when I feel bad, I feel like one of those 'really crazy' people insitde my head.

I ahven't been out for a long time, now, when I go to a shop, and leave my house, when I go outsiede, everything feels so strange and I feel strange and uneasy. Peopel, transport, shops, they arte strange (but i t's not dp/dr-like strange).

I don't eat much now, I try my best to eat as much as I can but cuz of what happened, it was hard to eat. I'm trying now though to eat more.

Yesterday, I woke up and was feeling pretty good. then had some soup and I felt strange... but it went away, 5minutes later, the strange feeling in my head came back and left again... and then i was relaxed and all of a sudden some sort of attack hit me... i felt a strange sensation going up from my tummy to my chest... and was strange, my brain started to feel a presure and it felt like some part of my brain was overworking that was making me feel crazy. my arms becamse weak and my palms startted to sweat. my heard started to beat strong i felt. i was feeling like going crazy. now, if this is a panick attack, it's a nerw typo of a panick attack for me! it's more of a classical-sympotms of panick attack which i never had before in my previews panick attacks. but, was it a panick attack?

i went up on the roof today (where i live we have a nice, comfy place on the room, it's save! lol... there's flowers and places where u can sit and relax)... on teh roof, I relaxed a bit... the roof is the 10th floor. i relaxed whne sitting there, but my mind was still fighting insited with itself... i close my eyes, relax and then look at the sky and i feel strange,like, wow, a sky... or, whatever i look at, it feels like it's some 'unreal' thing i'm looking at :S...

my brain never feels relaxed, hardly ever, most of the time I feel pressure on my brain...

i don't know what it is like to go craxy, but, this is how I can explaine the 'feeling' i get... going 'crazy'.

i'm scared to go out and i don;t know why... scared to leave my house now! on my own.

i just hope these are not some pre-symptoms of some mental unstability....

some doctore i talked to online said that I have pre-symptoms of shicz dissorder! :S...

for any reply thatnk you!

AM i going crazy? WILL I get better? i try to get better by going out, but i'm scared to go out, i try to relax but i can't axctuallyt do it, i try to keep my brain sytmu;lated but it feels like it has its own mind and playng tricks...

Old 04-16-2004, 05:40 AM   #4
    Redhead23
    Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User

Do a search for depersonalisation/derealisation. They often occur with anxiety and will definitely make you feel like you are going crazy or "not real", but they don't usually mean you are schizophrenic or anything.

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 04-16-2004, 05:42 AM   #5
    penki

penki HB User

Yeh, I have experianced dp/dr before... I had it 24/7 full power. Thank GOD it has left me. But I still get moments of it now and then... just not as bad.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:44 AM   #6
    penki

penki HB User

But, dp/dr isn't what makes me think I am going crazy... it's some other 'going crazy' feeling... maybe it's a sympotm of anxiety or dp/dr... but... it just totally feels like I am going crazy. :S

Old 04-16-2004, 11:28 AM   #7
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User

Hmmm...did the doctor tell you why he thoughts you have symptoms of schizophrenia? Can you go see a live doctor or therapist?

Old 04-16-2004, 12:04 PM   #8
    penki

penki HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daisyheadmaisy
    Hmmm...did the doctor tell you why he thoughts you have symptoms of schizophrenia? Can you go see a live doctor or therapist?
    Well, this 'Doctor'. I was playing pool on yahoo games. And I was talking to this guy and he said he was a Doctor. So I told him some of my symptoms and that's what he said. He said that I have pre-sympotms of schizo dissorder. Then I never heard from him again.

I have seen my GP, she says it's Anxiety. I have seen a Neurologist, he did some tests (light in the eye, legs with hammer(sorry don't know how to say tit lol), asked me to breath fast and deep. And then he said, after those 'tests' that I have Anxiety issues.

I've seen a councelor. And I've been reffered to see anothe counceler and C Behaveior Theraphy.

I went to see my GP today. She belieaves that it's all Anxiety. She listens to my sympotms when I tell her... she 'thought' MAYBE it is something with my brain phisically. She thought MAYBE it was some abnormal sezures. But, she is pretty sure that it's all Anxiety.

The reason I think I'm going crazy is of the way I feel sometimes. It's like, I look OK on the outside, but insited my head it's a mess, I feel very disturbed... racy mind, wierd sensations... 'loosing it' feeling. Although, I look normal from the outside.

Thank you people for your help!

Last edited by moderator2; 04-16-2004 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 04-18-2004, 10:27 PM   #9
    zenarcher

zenarcher HB User

penki, I would first recommend that any advice you receive from anyone online be taken with a large grain of salt, and that includes advice from myself and anyone else here. I would certainly place no value in an online "diagnosis."
    This feeling you have does sound like it's caused by anxiety and or depression. I've experience a disassociated, unreal feeling many times. Still do sometimes.
    After being reassured by several psychiatrists that I'm not crazy nor am I likely to go crazy, the feeling that "I'm going crazy" still bothers me a great deal.
    The best advice (insert grain of salt here) I can give is to keep trying to get out on your own, and listen to your GP and give therapy your best effort. Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread