It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• I think I'm mentally ill, but I'm not sure.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
    MoMoney07
    (female)

MoMoney07 HB User
    Question I think I'm mentally ill, but I'm not sure.....

I'm a fifteen year old girl, I've been searching for answers all night, and I'm very confused. I fear that I have a mental problem, but I don't know what it could be. I've read syptoms for the usual disorders (depression, bi-polar, etc.) and none of them match up enough, but they usually match with SOME things.
    So here are my symptoms:

- irritability, especially with my family
    - extreme sadness, like sometimes I just break down and cry. Usually something triggers it, but it's not bad enough for crying. (EX: simply a bad day, I imagine something bad happening, once in a while it's nothing at all)
    - odd impulses; one time I paced my room repeating a line from a song OVER and OVER again, I wasn't singing it, just saying it, my heart was racing; another time I washed my hands for about thirty minutes, sort of absentmindedly
    - death thoughts when I get sad; I don't make a plan, I don't cut myself, I just think, maybe I should kill myself, maybe that would make it better

I really don't think this has to do with PMS. These things happen randomly, but it's been really bad this week (which doesn't make a lot of sense because i'm on Spring Break) and before this I had "episodes" maybe once or twice a week. The only constant thing is my irritability with my family. At school it becomes dullness, and when I'm having fun with friends, I'm completely fine.

Perhaps it's the beginning of something. Please give me your advice, I could really use it.

Mo Money

Last edited by MoMoney07; 04-02-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
    lachesis
    (female)

lachesis HB User
    Re: I think I'm mentally ill, but I'm not sure.....

that sounds somewhat like obsessive compulsive disorder to me. i would definately suggest reading up about that. good luck

Old 04-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
    kimber137
    (female)

kimber137 HB User
    Lightbulb Re: I think I'm mentally ill, but I'm not sure.....

honey, i think u r just living life. the thoughts of dying are normal as long as they stay thoughts everyone is looking for a symptom and now a days theres a name for any ailment you can think of. there's nothing wrong with you u r just growing up and learning. ervery1 does weird things from time to time and almost all teenagers have difficult getting along with their parents i know i did. so quit stressin out and just mellow down and live, it's wonderful sometimes.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 AM   #4
    jenster2005
    (female)

jenster2005 HB User
    Re: I think I'm mentally ill, but I'm not sure.....

Hey

Its perfectly normal to feel low and its also very normal to wonder why you feel this way for no apparent reason !!

I started suffering with depression at the age of 15 for no apparent reason though didnt really deal with it untill a long time after. If your feeling really sad for no apparent reeason then one of the best things you can do to start with is talk to someone, not just on here but sit down with someone you know, a parent, an auntie, your best friend and if you feel you cant then go and talk to your doctor, all these feelings your having you need to let out, dont bottle it up sweetheart, your crying out for help on the inside but if you dont say anything people assume your ok !! you need to let people know your not ok.

Jenny

Closed Thread