It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• Psychosis.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User
    Unhappy Psychosis.

I have Psychosis and OCD. I have been dealing with alot of Psychosis lately.
    I haven't been able to work and drive because of my Psychosis. I have been hearing things and seeing things. Also I have feelings of unreality, like I feel that nothing is real.

I don't know if I have Schizophrenia or not. I don't know what kind of a mental illness that I have besides OCD. Also I have a medical condition,
    I have a Benign Pituitary Tumor and PCOS. I am wondering if my Tumor is causing me to have a mental illness. Does anybody know?

Anyway the hearing and seeing things have been driving me crazy. I am on medication, I've been more than one anti-depressant's. I am on Geodon and Cymbalta. Cymbalta is working for the depression, but I am not so sure about the Geodon. I've been on the Geodon for 2 months now, and my new Psychiatrist just changed the dose on it. Also I am still seeing my Psychologist for my OCD.

Hearing and seeing things is really scary. I know that they are not real, but my brain feels like they are real. I really wish that it will go away on it's own.
    My mother thinks that I should work with how I am feeling mentally, I really don't think that she understands about mental illnesses.

I am on medication, I am going to a Psychiatrist for my medication, and I am going to a Psychologist for my OCD. I don't know what else to do, what should I do? I am at my wit's end here. Also my parent's had to take me to a Medical Hospital 2 times to get checked out, and I almost got admitted but I didn't. Sometimes I feel like I should be admitted to a Medical Hospital, I am having a hard time trying to take care of myself.

Is anybody going through the same thing? Can somebody help me? I really need some advice.

Thank you
    From,
    Sarah

Last edited by Sari05; 07-16-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: question mark.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
    trg247
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
    Re: Psychosis.

Hi:

One of my diagnosis is Severe Major Depressive Disorder with Psycotic features. I have depression and I hear/see things that are not there. Geodon is an antipsycotic it is suppose to take the hallucinations away if it is working properly. Sometimes a hospital stay is not a bad idea as you can get properly diagnosed and get all of your meds in working order, I spent two months in one and other then the boredom really was not that bad but I would imagine they would differ from place to place.

take care
    trg247
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
    Pristiq
    Cymbalta
    Seroquel
    Temazapam

Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User
    Talking Re: Psychosis.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trg247 View Post
    Hi:

One of my diagnosis is Severe Major Depressive Disorder with Psycotic features. I have depression and I hear/see things that are not there. Geodon is an antipsycotic it is suppose to take the hallucinations away if it is working properly. Sometimes a hospital stay is not a bad idea as you can get properly diagnosed and get all of your meds in working order, I spent two months in one and other then the boredom really was not that bad but I would imagine they would differ from place to place.

take care
    trg247
    Hi trg,

Thank you for posting that. If I get worse, then I will try that. It's so nice to know that there are other people out there who are going through the same thing that you are going through.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #4
    Junior77
    Veteran
    (male)

Junior77 HB User

Hi Sari,

I have a lot of great things to tell you. First off, I went through the same thing as you did about 6 months ago it was. I was seeing things and hearing things. I also had a bad case of OCD and still do. I don't hear or see things anymore.. I will explain later on down in this post why. My OCD is keeping me from posting on these boards but when I read your post I knew I wanted to help you.

Why I don't see or hear things anymore... It's the Geodon! . Don't ever think about going off of that medication. I was in the same position as you, seeing and hearing things. I wanted to go off Geodon because I went a full 3 months on it before I could see little change on me. It wasn't until a full 6 months that the hallucinations went completely away. What my mistake was, is that I did drugs, only once though. And that's what made my hallucinations even worse. I had already been sick with Schizophrenia before I did drugs so that's not what caused it, but it did make it worse. So don't worry, your hallucinations and hearing things are normal because you have not did drugs like me. It will pass you sooner than you think. Maybe faster then me because of what I did.

My advice to you is that, go to Church and restore your faith in God as I did. Pray to him that he will heal you of your mental illness and any illnesses you have. I started going to church every Sunday and talking to the Father of the church. He would give me great advice which I'm telling you. Don't depend on yourself to get you out of your troubles, depend on God. One day when all your troubles have left you, you will realize really what God had in store for you. That there was some good left in this Earth for you. Make sure you work on those good deeds! .

This post was very hard for me to write like I said up at the top. Please know that I am on your side and if you need any more support you know where to get it... here.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
    FlyingHi
    (female)

FlyingHi HB User

Sari, although God is always good, you have to depend on yourself to ease mental illness. I too have gone through 5 psychosis' in 4 years. I have been in 5 mental hospitals and was diagnosed with bipolar, schiz affec. Until a month ago, I really believed that the FBI and CIA were after me. For 4 years I've believed my voices and dellusions, but what I realized was the only way to get better was to first accept it, then work on it. What are your triggers? What do you think about right before you get sick? Get to know your thought patterns, so that when the irrational thoughts come up, you can quickly surpress them. The right medication is also good, get a good psychiatrist who works with you. Geodon did not work for me, although it may work for you, but I'm on lithium and Serequel. Right now I feel fine, but I am always on guard and that is how you have to be. It doesn't mean be anxious, or constantly think about your disorder, but you need to get to know your mind. Once you realize your triggers, you can begin to take back control even if it's a little bit, it might help you from falling off the cliff. I do hope the best for you and keep posting! xoxoFly

Old 07-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #6
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User
    Red face Re: Psychosis.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Junior77 View Post
    Hi Sari,

I have a lot of great things to tell you. First off, I went through the same thing as you did about 6 months ago it was. I was seeing things and hearing things. I also had a bad case of OCD and still do. I don't hear or see things anymore.. I will explain later on down in this post why. My OCD is keeping me from posting on these boards but when I read your post I knew I wanted to help you.

Why I don't see or hear things anymore... It's the Geodon! . Don't ever think about going off of that medication. I was in the same position as you, seeing and hearing things. I wanted to go off Geodon because I went a full 3 months on it before I could see little change on me. It wasn't until a full 6 months that the hallucinations went completely away. What my mistake was, is that I did drugs, only once though. And that's what made my hallucinations even worse. I had already been sick with Schizophrenia before I did drugs so that's not what caused it, but it did make it worse. So don't worry, your hallucinations and hearing things are normal because you have not did drugs like me. It will pass you sooner than you think. Maybe faster then me because of what I did.

My advice to you is that, go to Church and restore your faith in God as I did. Pray to him that he will heal you of your mental illness and any illnesses you have. I started going to church every Sunday and talking to the Father of the church. He would give me great advice which I'm telling you. Don't depend on yourself to get you out of your troubles, depend on God. One day when all your troubles have left you, you will realize really what God had in store for you. That there was some good left in this Earth for you. Make sure you work on those good deeds! .

This post was very hard for me to write like I said up at the top. Please know that I am on your side and if you need any more support you know where to get it... here.
    Hello Junior,

Thankyou so much for your advice. I really do appreciate it. I feel better knowing that there are other people out there who are going through the same thing that I am going through. My OCD is really bad, I have a obsession with germs, washing, checking, and a little bit of counting. I really feel like
    I am not functioning right, I am having a hard time trying to take care of myself. My thinking has really changed, I feel like I am not thinking clearly which is not good at all.

I am seeing a Psychologist for my OCD, and I am seeing a Psychiatrist for the medication, the Hallucinations and hearing things. I don't know what else to do. Will I ever get through this? I am really sick and tired of all this. Also I have been feeling really anxious alot lately for almost a month now. I have been feeling really mentally sick for almost a month.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #7
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User
    Red face Re: Psychosis.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlyingHi View Post
    Sari, although God is always good, you have to depend on yourself to ease mental illness. I too have gone through 5 psychosis' in 4 years. I have been in 5 mental hospitals and was diagnosed with bipolar, schiz affec. Until a month ago, I really believed that the FBI and CIA were after me. For 4 years I've believed my voices and dellusions, but what I realized was the only way to get better was to first accept it, then work on it. What are your triggers? What do you think about right before you get sick? Get to know your thought patterns, so that when the irrational thoughts come up, you can quickly surpress them. The right medication is also good, get a good psychiatrist who works with you. Geodon did not work for me, although it may work for you, but I'm on lithium and Serequel. Right now I feel fine, but I am always on guard and that is how you have to be. It doesn't mean be anxious, or constantly think about your disorder, but you need to get to know your mind. Once you realize your triggers, you can begin to take back control even if it's a little bit, it might help you from falling off the cliff. I do hope the best for you and keep posting! xoxoFly
    Hello Flying,

Thank you very much for your advice. I really do appreciate. I do believe in God, and maybe I should go to Church. I have no idea what caused all of this. I think about normal thoughts like: get on the computer, and other things. Then all of a sudden I would get sick, and alot of times it last for hours. I have never stayed in a Hospital, sometimes I wonder what a Hospital stay for mental illness is like. I do have a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist, both of them really want to help me.

I am seeing a Psychologist for my OCD. I am seeing a Psychiatrist for the medication, hallucinations, and hearing voices. Also I feel like people are coming after me. Also I have feelings of unreality too. It's really annoying and awful feeling this way. Also my OCD is really bad. I have OCD about washing, germs, checking things, and a little bit of counting.

I have some peace with what is going on with me physically, because my Pituitary Tumor isn't doing anything right now. I just want some peace with my mental illness. I am really tired of feeling this way all the time, I want it to stop so bad. Sometimes I cry when I am not feeling good mentally.

Right now I am feeling really scared, because I feel like a bunch of people are coming out to get me. I don't have any enemies, everybody like's me. But I feel this way, and it's horrible.

Anyway I have to go now. Like I said in my other post, it's really nice to know that there are other people out there who are going through the same thing that I am going through. I will continue to post on this board, I enjoy posting on this board.

You take care.

From,
    Sarah

Old 07-23-2007, 12:21 AM   #8
    Junior77
    Veteran
    (male)

Junior77 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sari05 View Post
    Hello Junior,

Thankyou so much for your advice. I really do appreciate it. I feel better knowing that there are other people out there who are going through the same thing that I am going through. My OCD is really bad, I have a obsession with germs, washing, checking, and a little bit of counting. I really feel like
    I am not functioning right, I am having a hard time trying to take care of myself. My thinking has really changed, I feel like I am not thinking clearly which is not good at all.

I am seeing a Psychologist for my OCD, and I am seeing a Psychiatrist for the medication, the Hallucinations and hearing things. I don't know what else to do. Will I ever get through this? I am really sick and tired of all this. Also I have been feeling really anxious alot lately for almost a month now. I have been feeling really mentally sick for almost a month.
    Yes I had obsession with germs, washing, checking, and a little bit of counting too. I don't want to tell you my obsessions I had with all of these because I don't want to get you more obsessed then you already are. My thinking also has really changed, I wasn't thinking clearly good at all either.

I too was once sick and tired of all the hallucinations and hearing things. I was mentally sick for at least a full 6 months before things started getting better. I would constantly be going to the doctor to check for ulcers because of the amount of stress the hallucinations and hearing voices put me through. I felt as if my body couldn't take it anymore. But I held in there and before I knew it everything got better. Yes, you will get through this .

Old 07-23-2007, 06:50 AM   #9
    FlyingHi
    (female)

FlyingHi HB User

Sari, you will get through this if you start to look at your sickness. Really analyze it and say why am I thinkning this? Why am I feeling this? How can I get the voice to stop. Remember you are in control of your own mmind just sometimes we fall victim to the demons of mental illness, but you do not have to stay a victim. With hard work and meds, you can shut down your disorder, but a disorder sometimes becaome addictive and one doesn't want to give up the feeling or the imaginary friends and that's how you stay sick. If someone is coming for you, tell them NO! If something is talking to you ignore them or tell them to SHUT UP! As soon as you start to ignore them, they get scared and go away. As with the OCD, that is treatable to. When you lock your door pay attention to the key going in the lock and you checking the door, make a mental note "I locked the door" so you don't have to run back in and check. With all the triggers, make mental notes that you aleady did it, you'll see it in your mind and be less likely to check again. Keep fighting it, a psychosis is when you succumb to it. If you start fighting it, you will have fewer of them. IT's okay to take back your mind, but remember no matter what the sickness is always still there..xoxoxFLy

Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #10
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User
    Wink Re: Psychosis.

Quote:
    Yes I had obsession with germs, washing, checking, and a little bit of counting too. I don't want to tell you my obsessions I had with all of these because I don't want to get you more obsessed then you already are. My thinking also has really changed, I wasn't thinking clearly good at all either.

I too was once sick and tired of all the hallucinations and hearing things. I was mentally sick for at least a full 6 months before things started getting better. I would constantly be going to the doctor to check for ulcers because of the amount of stress the hallucinations and hearing voices put me through. I felt as if my body couldn't take it anymore. But I held in there and before I knew it everything got better. Yes, you will get through this .
    Hi Junior,

It's okay that you don't want to talk about your OCD obsessions, I understand that. When you were sick, did you stay in a Hospital? Do you still have OCD? How did you overcome it? Just wondering. For a while, my Psychologist kept on insisting that I stay in a Hospital. I don't think that I will stay in a Hospital unless I get worse again.I want to keep on fighting this illness, I want this illness to go away and leave me a alone.

I just hope that the Geodon will help me too. In 2 weeks, I will be seeing my Psychiatrist again for my medication and psychosis. Since nothing has changed, I am still feeling the same way. Should I call my Psychiatrist to see if I can get in sooner to talk to her? Or should I wait to see her in 2 weeks on August 6th? I am a patient person, and I am trying to hang in there.

But I will be seeing my Psychologist this Thursday, and I am looking forward to that. I really need to talk to my Psychologist too. I have alot of support from my family and friends which is great, they are always there for me when I need them.

Okay I have to go now. Hope all is well with you.

Take care

From,
    Sarah

Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #11
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User
    Cool Re: Psychosis.

Quote:
    Sari, you will get through this if you start to look at your sickness. Really analyze it and say why am I thinkning this? Why am I feeling this? How can I get the voice to stop. Remember you are in control of your own mmind just sometimes we fall victim to the demons of mental illness, but you do not have to stay a victim. With hard work and meds, you can shut down your disorder, but a disorder sometimes becaome addictive and one doesn't want to give up the feeling or the imaginary friends and that's how you stay sick. If someone is coming for you, tell them NO! If something is talking to you ignore them or tell them to SHUT UP! As soon as you start to ignore them, they get scared and go away. As with the OCD, that is treatable to. When you lock your door pay attention to the key going in the lock and you checking the door, make a mental note "I locked the door" so you don't have to run back in and check. With all the triggers, make mental notes that you aleady did it, you'll see it in your mind and be less likely to check again. Keep fighting it, a psychosis is when you succumb to it. If you start fighting it, you will have fewer of them. IT's okay to take back your mind, but remember no matter what the sickness is always still there..xoxoxFLy
    Hi Flying,

Thanks for saying that I will get through this. I appreciate that. I will do what you said in your post. Those are good idea's. But my only question is: What if it doesn't go away? What would I do if that happen's? I want to stay strong and fight this. I am really sick of living with a mental illness, it's no fun at all.
    I can't even drive because of it, it really sucks. I don't know when I will be driving again, I still feel like I am not ready to do that yet.

What kind of a mental illness did you have? I can't remember. How did you overcome it? Just curious is all.

Okay I have to go now. I hope that all is well with you.

Take care

From,
    Sarah

Old 07-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #12
    Junior77
    Veteran
    (male)

Junior77 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sari05 View Post
    Hi Junior,

It's okay that you don't want to talk about your OCD obsessions, I understand that. When you were sick, did you stay in a Hospital? Do you still have OCD? How did you overcome it? Just wondering. For a while, my Psychologist kept on insisting that I stay in a Hospital. I don't think that I will stay in a Hospital unless I get worse again.I want to keep on fighting this illness, I want this illness to go away and leave me a alone.

I just hope that the Geodon will help me too. In 2 weeks, I will be seeing my Psychiatrist again for my medication and psychosis. Since nothing has changed, I am still feeling the same way. Should I call my Psychiatrist to see if I can get in sooner to talk to her? Or should I wait to see her in 2 weeks on August 6th? I am a patient person, and I am trying to hang in there.

But I will be seeing my Psychologist this Thursday, and I am looking forward to that. I really need to talk to my Psychologist too. I have alot of support from my family and friends which is great, they are always there for me when I need them.

Okay I have to go now. Hope all is well with you.

Take care

From,
    Sarah
    Yes I did stay in the hospital for 3 days. I still do have ocd. I overcame it by methods I would create to make me feel better. We're all different so my methods might or might not work for you. I would say things to counteract these repeated words in my head until I felt better. Instead of touching things 5-6 times I would lower it to 2-3 times and walk away. That's called cognitive therapy. Sometimes I would not touch things at all a second time.

Does your psychiatrist have a nurse you can talk to? Mine does. I call her when I need to ask her something. If you have something really important to talk about I would suggest calling in to speed up the appointment date if they have any openings available.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
    FlyingHi
    (female)

FlyingHi HB User

Sari, hello, I know it is scary, not being able to control your mind. It's one of the toughest things in the world, but ever since I started keeping order in my mind, I haven't had a psychosis. I've been diagnosed with BiPolar Schiz. Affec. I'mm really Schizophrenic. I have lots of voices in my head and suffer from paranoia and dellusions. I too once feared "what if I can't stop it", for now I've been successful, but who knows what the comming months may be? I could get sick again, it is a possibility, but if it happens then I just have to deal with it again. When you have mental illness you have to accept the fact that you may be sick. And you have to deal with it when it happens. Sometimes people compare us to drug addicts, but we're nothing like them, because we are not choosing to make ourselves sick...when you do drugs you are destroying yourself intentionaly. I do however believe you can learn to control your mind by being aware of what is going on in it. Tell the voices to go away, don't give into them, they are very seductive. And VERY BAD. Eventually your voices will take over and you won't know who you are anymore, that's psychosis. The paranoia, the dellusions, the extremes. Sari, I know you can be symptom free, but you have to work hard at it. You literaly have to take back your mind. I hope some of this helps and yes, I do think you can beat this and it will go away, but it can always come back, that's why you have to keep fighting and not let your guard down. Be Well, Fly

Old 07-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #14
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User

Quote:
    Yes I did stay in the hospital for 3 days. I still do have ocd. I overcame it by methods I would create to make me feel better. We're all different so my methods might or might not work for you. I would say things to counteract these repeated words in my head until I felt better. Instead of touching things 5-6 times I would lower it to 2-3 times and walk away. That's called cognitive therapy. Sometimes I would not touch things at all a second time.

Does your psychiatrist have a nurse you can talk to? Mine does. I call her when I need to ask her something. If you have something really important to talk about I would suggest calling in to speed up the appointment date if they have any openings available.
    Hi Junior,

Yes my Psychiatrist has a nurse that I can talk to. I called the nurse last week to ask her about something. Maybe I should just call my Psychiatrist's Office, and ask if I can get in sooner. But I don't know yet.

That's too bad that you still have OCD, but I am glad that you have some methods to help overcome it. Did you overcome your Psychosis? Just wondering. Are you still on Geodon? Do you see a Psychiatrist or Psychologist for your OCD and Psychosis? Just curious is all.

I have to go now. You take care and keep in touch.

From,
    Sarah

Old 07-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User

Quote:
    Sari, hello, I know it is scary, not being able to control your mind. It's one of the toughest things in the world, but ever since I started keeping order in my mind, I haven't had a psychosis. I've been diagnosed with BiPolar Schiz. Affec. I'mm really Schizophrenic. I have lots of voices in my head and suffer from paranoia and dellusions. I too once feared "what if I can't stop it", for now I've been successful, but who knows what the comming months may be? I could get sick again, it is a possibility, but if it happens then I just have to deal with it again. When you have mental illness you have to accept the fact that you may be sick. And you have to deal with it when it happens. Sometimes people compare us to drug addicts, but we're nothing like them, because we are not choosing to make ourselves sick...when you do drugs you are destroying yourself intentionaly. I do however believe you can learn to control your mind by being aware of what is going on in it. Tell the voices to go away, don't give into them, they are very seductive. And VERY BAD. Eventually your voices will take over and you won't know who you are anymore, that's psychosis. The paranoia, the dellusions, the extremes. Sari, I know you can be symptom free, but you have to work hard at it. You literaly have to take back your mind. I hope some of this helps and yes, I do think you can beat this and it will go away, but it can always come back, that's why you have to keep fighting and not let your guard down. Be Well, Fly
    Hi Flying,

It is really scary not being able to control my mind. I am really afraid of losing control. I feel so sick that I have a hard time getting things done like cleaning the house, doing the laundry, and other things. Also I walk slow, I used to be a fast walker. But now I walk like a elderly person. I am only 25 years old, and it's really hard to get through this. I really want to fight this illness, I have a future ahead, and I want to be a mother someday. I can't have kids right now, because it is not the right time. I can't even take good care of myself, and I want to be well when I have kids.

I have a feeling that I will beat this. It will take some time, but I will keep on fighting. I want to be normal again. What's funny is that I don't remember what normal is anymore. I've been so sick that I just don't remember. Hopefully I will remember soon. That's another thing too, I have been experiencing alot of memory loss too. Is that normal when you have a mental illness? I am just wondering is all. Alot of times, I feel like I don't know what
    I am doing or where I am. That's really sad and awful.

Thank you for your advice, I will do what you said. I am just really happy that I finally met other people who have the same illness that I have.
    Just to let you know, besides having OCD, I haven't really received a real diagnosis yet. But when I went to a ER at a Medical Hospital, they diagnosed me as a Schizophrenic. Also My Psychologist and Medical Doctor both thought that I have Bipolar Disorder, but I guess I don't.

I just thought that I should let you know that. Well I have to go now, you take care and have a nice day!!!! Keep in touch.

From,
    Sarah

Closed Thread