It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• Two Question's about Risperdal....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User
    Two Question's about Risperdal....

Hi Everyone!

I have a couple questions to ask. I am still dealing with my OCD and Psychosis. Also I am on meds for both of them. The medication that I am on is: Luvox, Risperdal, and Clomipramine. Anyway I've been on Risperdal for 5 or 6 months now for my Psychosis. I have been feeling really weird lately, I feel like I have been "flying." I've told my Psychiatrist about how I have been feeling, and she changed the dose on my Risperdal because she felt that I was being overmedicated. Also I told her that I have been feeling that way too.

Anyway my questions about Risperdal are: Does Risperdal cause you to feel like you're "flying"? Also does Risperdal make you not acting normal? I have been not acting normal lately. But feeling like I am "flying" is the worse, it's so bad that I just want to jump out a window and see if I can fly or not. It's getting worse, I just saw my Psychiatrist last week. Should I call my Psychiatrist and let her know that the "flying" feeling has gotten worse? I think I should.

Anyway please help me, because I don't know what is causing me to feel this way. Any information on Risperdal would be great.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #2
    vanessa2318
    (female)

vanessa2318 HB User
    Re: Two Question's about Risperdal....

Risperdal does have a massively weird thing with it. When I was on it I spent the first week feeling like everything was a dream. Everything was somewhat blurry and I felt like I was floating rather than walking. To be honest, I was loving it. lol Unfortunately another girl who was starting it at the same time as me in the hospital did not enjoy it as much. The massive floaty feeling scared the poor girl to death, plus she got restless leg syndrome from it majorly. But the feeling went a way in less than a week and everything was fine after that so if you're still having it, I would definitely call your doctor and at least mention it to them. So, yes that is normal, but shouldn't be for that long I don't think. Hope that helps ya,

Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User
    Wink Re: Two Question's about Risperdal....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vanessa2318 View Post
    Risperdal does have a massively weird thing with it. When I was on it I spent the first week feeling like everything was a dream. Everything was somewhat blurry and I felt like I was floating rather than walking. To be honest, I was loving it. lol Unfortunately another girl who was starting it at the same time as me in the hospital did not enjoy it as much. The massive floaty feeling scared the poor girl to death, plus she got restless leg syndrome from it majorly. But the feeling went a way in less than a week and everything was fine after that so if you're still having it, I would definitely call your doctor and at least mention it to them. So, yes that is normal, but shouldn't be for that long I don't think. Hope that helps ya,
    Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your response, I really do appreciate it. I didn't know that you can get restless leg syndrome from Risperdal, I hope that I won't get that. Also I've noticed that I have a hard time trying to sit still sometimes, but not all the time. If I am still feel like I am "flying", I will let my doctor know. I have another appointment with my Psychiatrist in two weeks. I will keep you and everybody else on this board posted about how I am doing.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

neurologic side effects, including dystonia, parkinsonism, akathisia,
    and tardive dyskinesia are very common with antipsychotics and antidepressants so perhaps there is the answer. They are also mildly euphoric drugs thus you could be trippin out in some way...

Last edited by Jennita; 06-10-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
    Sari05
    Veteran
    (female)

Sari05 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jennita View Post
    neurologic side effects, including dystonia, parkinsonism, akathisia,
    and tardive dyskinesia are very common with antipsychotics and antidepressants so perhaps there is the answer. They are also mildly euphoric drugs thus you could be trippin out in some way...
    Hi Jennita,

Thanks for posting that, I didn't know that. That is really interesting, sometimes I have a hard time sitting still. Maybe that's a side effect too.

Closed Thread