It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• Update-Why am I so irritated and angry all the time

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
    w2bh09
    (female)

w2bh09 HB Userw2bh09 HB Userw2bh09 HB User
    Update-Why am I so irritated and angry all the time

An update to my original post in December: I am a mother of 2 under 4 in her early 30s. I am a very angry person. I yell at my kids all the time. I have tried so hard to stop. The more I try and stop the more it all just erupts by the end of the day. I have always been an impatient person. But ever since my second came along I am extremely irritable all the time. Everything annoys me. Especially sounds. I find myself overwhelmed and stressed over every little thing. I can't find any motivation. I am tired all the time. I have almost daily headaches. I love my children...I love my husband. I should be a very happy person. Why am I so angry and sad? I don't think I am depressed. I don't want to hurt myself. I do have low moments. But isn't to an extreme. I want to be a better mother so badly. Every night I go to bed and say tomorrow I will not yell and be happy. Never happens. I feel so awful about myself. What is wrong with me? Where can I go for help?

Update:
    I went and saw my doctor in December and described how I was feeling. She felt like I had an anxiety disorder. So she prescribed me 20mg of Celexa once a day. I have been on it a month now. She said it could take a month to feel any difference. I think I feel a little more calm. Not a huge difference though. I see her again next week for a follow-up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
    Wrenrobin
    (female)

Wrenrobin HB User
    Re: Update-Why am I so irritated and angry all the time

I am angry all the time too. I don't know what to do with myself. I am in a similar situation I have two two year old step daughters and a loving husband. I have no money and no car but I have a lot to be grateful for. Maybe you should make a gratitude list. Today I am grateful for:

my husband
    my job prospects
    my intelligence
    my dog
    my cat
    my video games
    my computer
    my internet
    my therapist
    my husband again
    my bed for being comfy
    my cable
    my being alive
    the weather not being too cold

I can't really think of anything else but at least I have a few maybe you do too.

Closed Thread