It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• Feeling unmotivated

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
    Morboro
    (male)

Morboro HB User
    Feeling unmotivated

Hi

I'm a 25yo male and for sometime now I've been feeling very unmotivated and bored with life. I've lost contact with my friends, I haven't had a GF in years, and I'm currently still living at home with my Mum, as I'm trying to save up for my own place to live in, as property prices where I live are expensive. Living at home isn't ideal, I live in a broken family and there is not much love, we just fight with each other most of the time.

I just can't seem to get any motivation to do anything these days, I just don't have the energy to find some new friends or a girl friend, I don't have the motivation to get up and ride my bike, clean the house or read a book, I just like to vegetate in front of the TV or computer.
    I should also note that I'm very lucky to have a job which I like, and if I didn't have this job I don't know what I'd be doing, as it gives me something to do during the day. But even with this job I enjoy, I'm starting to feel bored with it or more so unmotivated to give my full 100%.

Anyway I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of how I can sort out these issues I'm having. I think the best thing for me is to move out of home ASAP as that's the main problem in my life.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
    TenYearsGone
    (male)

TenYearsGone HB User
    Re: Feeling unmotivated

Hmm.... Sounds to me like you might be depressed. Does your family have a history of depression? In my opinion, any depression or mental/emotional should be taken care of before you go out on your own.

If you are depressed, the best thing to do would be to see your doctor. He can either refer you to a therapist, or prescribe you medication.

I feel similar, except I'm fifteen.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
    Ihatecats
    (male)

Ihatecats HB User
    Re: Feeling unmotivated

HELLO THEIR MORBORO! i used to be in that state of mind til i went and talk to a counsler and got put on some meds. see i too was staying at my granparents house at the age 43 years old cause i was having problems with my life i did'nt know if i wanted to live or die? cause my girlfreind of 5 years told me to go fxck myself and don't ever come back home to (n.j) til i went and got some help. so one night i was going to show her what go fxck myself meant to me. my dumb *** went out and got freakin drunk and fell off a big bridge and when i woke up i was in a hospital in th pyhic. part of the hospital. so iwas to trying to figure out what happen to the once happy man i used to be. so i stop fighting with myself and started to live my life right i got on meds. and is doing a great job noe i also have 5 mos. sober and 24 days smoke free! what i'm trying to tell you is don't fight the problem you might be having with yourself go see a doctor they can help you!!! and then you can get out find job move into your own house and live happy!

Closed Thread