It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• Extreme jealousy leading to violence

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
    littlelaydee
    (female)

littlelaydee HB User
    Extreme jealousy leading to violence

Please can any one tell me if i have a mental health issue, I seen a comment on my partners wall on a web site that a young girl had left, i was really upset and confronted him and he lied so i hit him in the face!!!! his eye is now black. i feel so bad for what i have done. he says he is leaving me as its not right, violence is the last thing he needs. will i see a doctor, i think it may be extreme jealousy and it's taking over my life.

thanks x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Extreme jealousy leading to violence

it's possible, I knew a girl who was bi-polar who used to pop guys in the face....she broke one guys nose because he lied to her. I'd say you have a problem since you can't control yourself.....that's not to say you're not responsible for your actions....you are.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
    Wise52
    (female)

Wise52 HB User
    Re: Extreme jealousy leading to violence

You have anger issues and need to learn how to deal with anger without physically hurting yourself or others. I hate when people lie to me and I know they are. If you had prove that there was another girl in his life, then you had a right to confront and question him. However, physical violence accomplishes nothing good for you or the person you hit. Please find a good therapist that deals in anger management. I taught my kids to exercise (run, bike, hit a pillow) or talk to someone you trust. Be careful, because your boyfriend could call the police on you for domestic violence or worse. Suggest you get help a.s.a.p.

Closed Thread