It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• I just found out my girlfriend was raped many years ago. I dont know to act.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
    zaaronz
    (male)

zaaronz HB User
    I just found out my girlfriend was raped many years ago. I dont know to act.

i have the same situation can someone help me aswell

My girlfriend was raped before being with me and i am a virgin, she should be... and things got a little hot and i threw myself at her i guess and she said it reminded her of her rape... and now shes like acting weird any help there i love her and i want whats best for her so i need advise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
    2011grl
    (female)

2011grl HB User
    Re: I just found out my girlfriend was raped many years ago. I dont know to act.

You have to be understanding. If you truly love her and want to be with her, you will have to give her time. Show her that you are there for her and are willing to wait. Ask her if she would feel better if she talked about things with you. Is she seeing a counselor? Maybe suggest she talks to people on a site like this, it can help many people in many ways! The biggest thing is just taking things slow and making sure she does not feel pressured. I hope all works out for you two, you seem to genuinely care for her!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
    Ryan4778
    (male)

Ryan4778 HB User
    Re: I just found out my girlfriend was raped many years ago. I dont know to act.

You should be really kind and empathetic towards her, as rape is one of the worst psychological experiences anyone can go through. It may help if she speaks with a psychologist if she still feel's a lot of trauma. As the last person said, it's best to take things slow with her and make sure she doesn't feel pressured.

Closed Thread