It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• Feel very alone in this world.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
    lizzy2014
    (female)

lizzy2014 HB User
    Feel very alone in this world.

Okay, I do have a family, husband, kids, a few friends, however I've begun to feel very alone. I've been through a lot the last couple years, been let down by a lot of people, so I feel like I've been broken to the point where I feel like I don't have anyone, not even my husband. If someone were to look at my life they'd say how lucky I was, which I know, I am grateful for everything I do have, but I still can't stop feeling completely alone.

I've reached out to potential new friends, joined a club (which I'm slowly talking to new potential friends), but I feel like nothing ever works out...I want REAL DEEP friendships, I want to people to be excited to be with me and connect more on a intimate level...I'm a very open, lovable, friendly person who cares very much for others, but I feel like no one ever invests as much or values me the same way...

I know this may sound corny but you know how some siblings are really close, or there's a best friend you had your whole life and there's a strong connection, I want that so badly and have NEVER ever ever had that in my entire life...

It makes me cry cause I'm a really good person, funny, sweet person, and I feel like I'd make such a good friend...

Unfortunately the family around me doesn't really try to be closer with me, I've tried to be closer with my in laws and extended family, but they didn't put much effort back into it, so I've come to accept that's the way it is. Even the few of my friends, we do couple dates and such but nothing is really deep...hell, none of the girls I know even compliment me, even though I say good things to them all the time and how beautiful they are...

I've come to accept a lot of this and just focus on my children, they're my only purpose in life right now so I will be a good mom to them, the best that I can be even though I feel very alone, but some days are REALLY hard to get through, and I would love to hear if others feel the same way sometimes...like you're all alone, an empty void inside you...

I know how I got to this place, I've been hurt a lot, even with my husband, he's a great guy, but I feel like he never completely understands me and he is very different from me, I do love him and give my life to him...I accept that....I accept it all...

But damn, it just sucks feeling so alone...I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones who finds that amazing best friend or is born with a sister...I never got that...and it sucks!

To those out there with very close friendships and relationships, you are soooo lucky!!! I wish I had that...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
    WatchmansMoon
    Inactive
    (female)

WatchmansMoon HB User
    Re: Feel very alone in this world.

Aww - I'm sorry to read this and feel badly for you. I've not met a lot of people who crave this level of intimacy in their friendships, but I know you're not alone. I've had two friends like this, both of which live out of state now, so we're not as close anymore. But I'm fine without having someone close all the time. I'm sorry it's a struggle for you. One thing I can say is that these two friendships I'm referring to took a long time to develop. They'll last forever, even across the miles, but they developed over a long period of time. One characteristic of these two friendships is that we each have a lot in common. I hope you can discover ways to meet other women who share your same interests. HUGS and blessings to you!

Closed Thread