It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mental Health Message Board

• paranoia, sleeplessness, and anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2015, 09:13 PM   #1
    marissa2016
    (female)

marissa2016 HB User
    paranoia, sleeplessness, and anxiety

I'm sixteen years old. A year ago I was seriously depressed and was put in the hospital. I was diagnosed with clinical depression and subscribed zolof i believe. After I started taking the medicine I started having fits of rage, and increased depression so I quit taking the medicine after a month. I haven't had any serious depression or anxiety since then.

I feel like my depression has subsided. But here recently I've been having paranoia. I stay up until 5 AM afraid that somehow someone is watching me. I continuously check that my blinds and currents are closed and everything. I don't sleep because I'm afraid that if I fall asleep someone will come in my room and cause harm to me. Walking from one room to another scares me.

I feel threatened when people watch me, and get angry when my parents watch me as I do something. I'm doing online school so I don't have to go to school, but I'm scared when in public that something will happen to me or my family. Ive had many very upsetting dreams. I'm very sleep deprived, and my migraines are starting to come back. I don't know what to do and my mom and dad will probably laugh if I consult them. Any advice? And do you think there's something wrong with me?

I know my actions and fears are irrational but I can't seem to shake it off.

Last edited by marissa2016; 03-07-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
    klcwd
    (female)

klcwd HB User
    Re: paranoia, sleeplessness, and anxiety

Hi, Marissa. Please tell your parents or someone else that you trust, like maybe a grandparent, aunt, uncle, or best friend's mother. I know how you feel as I have felt a lot of what you are going through. You don't have to continue to feel like this. There are lots of other medications out there that can help you to feel normal again. Zoloft was probably not the right one for you. What works for one person might not work for another. Please tell someone today! With all the good medications, you don't have to continue like this. I know. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. Karen

The Following User Says Thank You to klcwd For This Useful Post:
    marissa2016 (03-08-2015)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    depression, irrational fear, migraine, paranoia, sleeplessness