It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Military Health Issues Message Board

• Problems from Vacines given service men & women in 1990 &1991

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2003, 08:17 PM   #1
    karenj1236

karenj1236 HB User
    Post Problems from Vacines given service men & women in 1990 &1991

While in the Navy during the Gulf war, my son was deployed to the Medeterrian and his cousin was deployed to the Gulf. Now, both have the same symptoms, cerosis of the liver, enlarged spleen,low blood platlets,high amonia levels and the coating of their brains are diminishing,so they are dizzy and off balance. Also another Naval vet that lives in our town has alot of these same problems. If anyone has any info
    or any of the same symptoms, please reply. We are thinking that the vacines (Anthrax booster)are responible.These boys that I mentioned above are only
    32 and 33 years old and have small children.Time is of the essence! Thanks

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2003, 10:46 AM   #2
    wes0007

wes0007 HB User
    See my old statements about Navy below (over 90 days old now). My Ultrasound results show some kind of problem with gall bladder at this time. Followup is scheduled for Jan to determine if it is gallstones, "polyops" or the like. I thought I heard the tech who did the ultra sound say something about my liver to, but the offical reports don't mention anything about that except that a filling defect in the liver and gall bladder duct might exist.

Brief recap : My symptoms included pain from physical exertion, rash on the chest and inability to sleep.
    MRI of head negative. Still trying to figure out a way to get V.A. to authorize an MRS of head instead.

Old 09-30-2003, 10:56 AM   #3
    wes0007

wes0007 HB User
    One other thing:
    I also have a rare blood disorder called G6PD. Glucose 6 Phospate Defiency (or disorder). Seen your post on another spot talking about that hope the information helps.

Old 10-02-2003, 07:15 PM   #4
    karenj1236

karenj1236 HB User
    My son went to the hospital with dizziness,They done a cat scanon his brain and found some abnormalites, then the y done a MRI, and found that the lining of the brain was diminishing, at what pace they don't know. You mentioned your gallbladder, my son's gallbladder is bad also. he also has a blood disorder called ITP, low blood platelets,They can't even do a biospy on his liver, which he desperatly needs, because they are afraid he might bleed to death.A doctor iat Vanderbuilt University hospital is currently running some tests, we are waiting to hear from him. Meantime the doctor there is trying to get all of David's medical records from the Navy, which is proving to be a little harder than he thought. Some of my research on this subject has lead me to find out that a lot of you servicemen are having trouble getting your complete medical records from the military, they say that they have misplaced some of them. Probably the ones where they went thru the Sarin gas chambers and the Anthrax multipal vacines also ! Thanks for listening. Reply back if you have any more info! karenj1236

Old 10-06-2003, 09:08 AM   #5
    wes0007

wes0007 HB User
    My military medical records are lost in "limbo". The NPRC has given me reciept showing they were transferred to the V.A. in 1995 (concides with my supposed cat scratch fever incident), however, the V.A. claims they dont have them.

Old 10-08-2003, 04:43 PM   #6
    Keilani

Keilani HB User
    One of my grandfathers was a doctor working for the Navy in WWII and the other was a jet fighter in WWII. I read these posts to learn about some of the more recent effects of war, and they are just so sad. My heart really goes out to all of the soldiers who have fought and are fighting for our country.

What I'm wondering is if anyone regrets serving? (Probably b/c I'm not strong enough to ever have been able to do so myself). And I'm also interested in the personal views on the wars with Iraq by soldiers who know what's really going on, who have been there. I don't mean at all to be intrusive. I'm really just seriously concerned by all of the illness and pain that comes out of the war. I am so sorry for anyone who is suffering and please know that we appreciate you!

Old 10-09-2003, 11:42 AM   #7
    wes0007

wes0007 HB User
    I don't regret serving my country, but I wish that the news media and the government would quit trying to deny the existance of this problem. The money that has been spent on disproving it exists would far better be used in finding some kind of treatement or cure.

Old 06-09-2004, 10:22 PM   #8
    ShatteredLife2

ShatteredLife2 HB User
    Re: Problems from Vacines given service men & women in 1990 &1991

This goes to show the priority of the soldiers busting there butts to do good for this country and we are getting back stabbed at the same time for trying to make a difference. If it weren't for soldiers protecting this country-- it would have been gone long ago! I believe the priorities in this country needs some re-thinking!!! You are right the money spent could have gone to better serve ill veterans but that shows what the government actually thinks about its service members. This is a real tragedy... the research may help soldiers of tomorrow but what about the soldiers today? just a thought...

Old 06-10-2004, 04:21 AM   #9
    Dear Maggie
    Inactive
    (female)

Dear Maggie HB User
    Aplastic anemia AND Hemolytic anemia?

For those who comment on low platelets, I wonder if there might be 2 kinds of anemia going on at the same time:

Aplastic anemia from benzene exposure (from oil): this inhibits the making of all types of blood cells, Red, White and Platelets

AND

Hemolytic Anemia in which the body prematurely destroys its own red blood cells. Just with this alone, it causes the fatigue that is hard to find, but it also causes inaccurate readings for white blood cells, liver tests, etc. The retic ratio should be off for this, someone would have too many immature red blood cells. For this exposure I suspect 2-butoxyethanol as this is what this chemical does AND all the other symptoms of gulf war syndrome that I am aware of (Not necessarily in exact diagnosis, but in categories of health problems)

Last edited by Dear Maggie; 06-10-2004 at 04:26 AM.

Old 06-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #10
    ShatteredLife2

ShatteredLife2 HB User

I don't regret serving my country because that is why I joined the service for in the first place! I just wish that the inoculations we all received would have been better watched for tampering... I read that some of the shipments mysteriously disappeard and later turned up elsewhere?? Were they tampered with and then dispensed to troops? This could explain why so many soldiers are ill? I know that the military tries to do there best to protect there own and I don't blame them. All it takes is for corruption to destroy things very quickly. Yes, I am in pain and suffer daily but I am alive and my mind may have judgemental errors, etc. but this country has brought so much good and yet so much evil but overall I believe that people should see the good in things and try to go on! This country is our protection and the system works most of the time. I try to be optimistic despite when things go wrong and I also know that when things go wrong that nature can correct certain things to help out... Overall, I believe that this country is worth fighting for-- Mainly for our freedoms and rights to locomotion without restraints and control like seen in other countries where people can't go outside because of curfew and can be shot on sight! I am glad to have the freedoms that we have and I respect the system because it does work most of the time with few exceptions to the rule but overall things do work! I am proud to be an American and would give up my life should the need arise!!! A good soldier would if he had to!

Old 06-29-2004, 07:56 PM   #11
    karenj1236

karenj1236 HB User

Dear shatteredlife2, The goverment gave the multible anthrax vaccines to thier servicemen and women without doing any clinical studies first, which is unheard of. Well, that might be because Senator Rockafeller owned the company that sold all the vaccines to the Armed Services. Check all the congressional hearings and rulings own this subject, now the servicemen and women can sign a waiver not to take the multible anthrax vaccines when they are sent abroad. The goverment just last year started paying service people for what happened to them in 1989, 1990 and 1991. My son needs a liver transplant, the fluid is building up fast and every organ he has is damaged plus he has a blood disorder called ITP, which makes it almost impossible to have any tests run or drain any fluid.
    Through some of my research I have found that the reason they gave these multible anthrax vaccines was so the service people could last longer on the fighting field. Some of the real life stories can also be found on these congressional hearing pages, from the service people themselves. I wish you the best of luck in the future with your health, but believe me, the goverment knew exactly what they were doing to these young people. Let me hear from you again, OK ? karenj1236

Old 06-30-2004, 11:34 PM   #12
    ShatteredLife2

ShatteredLife2 HB User

I can't believe that they would do this to us soldiers? Are they on drugs! This is terrible really! I am appauled that they would do this without researching it first. This is a crime and should be punished under law because this is just plain wrong! I have a sore throat that has persisted for over 2 weeks now and I have about 5 white patches in my throat now from something unknown? and it hurts. I lost my vision again and couldn't focus for several days in one eye which is really strange. I almost died in the Army hospital back in 1990 from a really bad event!!! I was scared, and I don't scare easily but I was terrified to see what my body did when we turned grey and all of those symptoms appeared... If the press only saw what we looked like things would really go crazy!!! The doctors attempted to see us but were blocked by 5 spec-4's! and were shoved away which I couldn't do anything in my condition to help them due to my sickness and state of being so messed up! I wanted to get up and say something but my body wasn't functioning right and I just couldn't do a thing! I wasn't in any conditon to fight!!! I really felt like a test subject than a real person... I feel that I am dieing or something and probably will not to distant in the future! I am just trying to enjoy life as long as I can before the inevitable happens...

Old 07-02-2004, 10:54 AM   #13
    halflife

halflife HB User

Hi Karen and shattered life2
    Karen , Sorry to hear what has happened to your son. I served in the navy from 86 92. I was never sent to Iraq But have been sick since 91.I first started coming down with flu like illness that would last for about two weeks, I also had swelling of my feet .The swelling would migrate to different parts of my Body. My flu like symptoms would come every three to four months. While I served in the navy I also received around six or so shots every six months or so. These shots I received made me real sick .I would come down with high fever, I would blow Tons of pus like mucus from my sinus, I would also have real bad body aches and joint pains .Now this would only last for about three or four days after receiving the shots and it would then go away. When I received my first shot I had asked the doctor if it was normal to feel bad after receiving those shots and he said that yes it was normal to encounter those side effects. So I just figured they knew more then I did and thought nothing else of it. After I was discharge I started to get even sicker but I was still able to work. I kept going to civilian doctors but they had no idea what was going on with me until one doctor said that I should start going to the VA and get checked out there. So in 97 I started being checked out for all my illnesses that was happening to me. In 2000 I started my VA claim for vaccine induced illnesses and have been fighting it ever since. So far I have been DX with FMS, IBS, G.E.R.D , Chronic headaches, Joint pain, maniers disease, Allergies to medications, sensitivity to different house hold chemicals. I was in perfect health before I joined and now my body has gone bad with all types of illness. I have always placed blame to the vaccines I received while I served. There is no record of those vaccines in my service medical record .I am also collecting a pension for non service connected .I did this so that I could get some type of income to help me with my family It was granted last year. If you have any other information about these vaccines please post. Thank you and my prayers ore for all of you who are dealing with this illness.

Old 07-09-2004, 11:00 PM   #14
    kovena

kovena HB User
    Exclamation Re: Problems from Vacines given service men & women in 1990 &1991

I went into the Service (Army) in 1981 and at that time they gave me a number of vaccines. They said we were being readied to be transported overseas on a mission after a Terrorist Attack on our Marines. We were given about 10-15 different injections (some had more than one agent in it) including some that were supposedly experimental. We went through the Gas chambers, and all the chemical usages were tested. During Basic Training I got very ill. I did what I could to finish and had to take either a medical or Honorable so I took an Honorable hoping to be able to go back when I got better. I never got better. I am on heavy pain meds now (Morphine) just to be able to move around, have severe immune disorders, Acute Disc Degeneration, Fibromyalgia, I bleed from the kidneys a lot, and have severe bladder defects now, Migraines from brain swelling, And other things still being tested including Rhuematoid Arthritis. I have Lupus Symptoms but no Lupus, and no MD has not been able to find any of my Records from the Army since I got out. I have tried over 20 times and always told try here or there, and then told they were lost and would be sought. Well this is 2004 and they have not found them yet and I am Totally Disabled, and the next step will be a pain pump into the spine. I believe I got sick from the shots. I was so Healthy before that and never had any of the problems that came up after the shots including a complete enviromental immune breakdown (Not Aids) that took 8 years to recover from and left me So disabled. I wish I knew what was in those shots they gave us. I always thought there would be a way to find the records and figure how to go from there but I wll be crippled soon and it all has happened since the shots. I turned 30 in 1982, 2 months after basic training, and when I went into the Army I was in better shape than a lot of the 18 year olds that went in with me. Out of the Company I was in there were 4 deaths and 3 brain tumors and only a handful of people did not get sick. I still wish I could find out what they had in those shots. I truly believe they are hiding something from even back then.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:02 PM   #15
    karenj1236

karenj1236 HB User

Kovena, Sorry to hear about all of your medical problems, maybe one of you doctors can fill out a An American medical records request form for you . That is what my son had to do, because the Navy would not even respond to my son's request. There is one set of medical records where you took your basics and then there is another set of medical records for you after you are deployed. My son just started tests that will allow him to be placed on the reciepiant list for a liver transplant. He just found out yesterday that his insuance will pay 100%. Even if he gets a new liver we don't know if his body will accept it or not. If it does not accept it he will die. Ther is a hospital in Tulsa, OK. that will fly you down there and back free, to see if they can help. As far as I know, everything they do is free. They will give you ther opinion and advice. You can use your computer to locate that hospital, I don't right off hand, what the name of the hospital is, but if you need me to, I can find out the name from my sister-in-law.
    I will keep you in my prayers, take care of yourself. Let me know what's going on with you, it helps to talk to others who know what you are going thru. Bye, karenj1236

Closed Thread