It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• does bleeding out clots indicate a miscarriage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2005, 08:04 PM   #1
    myangelalaina
    (female)

myangelalaina HB User
    Unhappy does bleeding out clots indicate a miscarriage

The first day of my "period" there were some clots. One was kind of big and the others were just small, kinda clear in color too. Does that mean I had a miscarriage?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
    Frynd1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Frynd1 HB User
    Re: does bleeding out clots indicate a miscarriage

To your knowledge, you weren't pregnant? Did your period come on time? I don't think blood clots mean a miscarraige. I had them during my periods. Sometimes they were pretty big. However, when I did end up miscarrying, there were quite a few clots. They were about the size of a child's fist though and were extremely painful. I cramped a lot throughout that day too. IMO, you didn't miscarry but that's just because I know I had clots during my periods too.

Either way, I don't mean to be rude but there is nothing a doctor can do about a miscarraige. Sometimes excess tissue is left in the uterus but most women miscarry and just go on w/o needing any type of work done.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
    ASDGRMama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ASDGRMama HB User

Hello! Blood Clots are dark red, endometrial tissue will be meaty(most women don't pass large pieces of the endometrial lining but some do) and placental/fetal tissue will be gray (if the pregnancy is progressed one may pass pink fetal tissue).

I pass clots during my menstrual cycle normally. A miscarriage even a very early one is typically very crampy. Ironically I passed only one very small gray piece of tissue and no clots during my first miscarriage; I was very very crampy though.

If you are still concerned though and would really like to know whether or not you miscarried you can ask your doctor to do an HCG test.

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Old 03-10-2005, 06:24 AM   #4
    mperrin

mperrin HB User

Hi,
    Clots can be passed thru periods. They aren't only a sign of miscarriage, but can be an indication of other things like annovulation (sp)--which is--(simply put) lack of ovulating. If you start passing tissue, then you should call the doctor. Otherwise, if you are concerned or it gets worse, call your doctor. Also keep an eye on your iron. You don't want to become anemic. Taking a vitamin can help that. I hope all is well.

Take care,
    ~~M

Closed Thread