It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• When to get pregnant after

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #1
    happy2bamom
    (female)

happy2bamom HB User
    When to get pregnant after

Hi,

I was just wondering when you ovulate after a miscarriage. I started spotting on June 12th and had very hard cramping and heavy clotting on June 14th but didn't pass the sac until Father's day (June 19th). I have read that some people ovulate 2 - 6 weeks after a miscarriage - is that counting from the first day of spotting or from when? I am currently so confused. I have 3 beautiful boys that i never had any problems with my prenancies and i just do not understand what happened. Did i do something? Was i too confidant that it would all go perfectly? Was it the baby girl i was trying so hard for?
    When does the heartache end? I am ok as long as i don't have time to think about it but when i slow down i just start to cry.
    My family doesn't even talk about it now they seem to think that it is all over and i can just carry on but I'm not ready to do that yet. It seems that i am the only one that the baby was real to. For everyone else it didn't exist. I need another baby but i don't want to replace or forget about this one - does that make any sense?

Any way back to my original question. When can i expect to ovulate following a miscarriage? I want to try for another baby asap and don't want to wait for AF.

Thanks for letting me cry....

Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
    Cupcake3
    (female)

Cupcake3 HB User
    Re: When to get pregnant after

Kathy,

Cry as much as you need to.. Take all the time in the world. I m/c on 4/25. Still have bad days, but with time it gets better.

I guess you can start when ever you wish. talk to you dr first. My new Dr said to take folic acid for 3 months prior and I am doing a CBC - iron count today and thyroid test.

I am ready now, but know that I need to prepare my body for this wonderful experience.

So I am taking vitamins, folic acid and replacing my iron from the 2 D&C I had b/c old Dr left poc in me.

best of luck.
    C.

Old 07-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
    weepyone
    Inactive
    (female)

weepyone HB User

I am so sorry to hear you have m/c. I don't know if it isa comfort to you, but you are not alone in feeling this way about m/c. lots of points you raise in your post make perfect sense to me i felt the same post my m/c. i got af cd31 post m/c and ovulated about half way into that cycle sorry can't be more precise about date of o. post first af i am now trying again.
    My mil has not mentioned my m/c as it is not important to her although this upsets me i remind myself this was my baby not hers. When i first had the m/c i was not ready to forget and i never will, but i have moved on as i can't grieve for ever. Take your time to work through your emotions i did, i took time off work and cried or talked about my baby whenever i wanted i also read a few m/c books which helped.
    In my baby's memory and to remind the worlsd my baby did exist inside me if only for a short time i planted a tree as a lasting memorial which i found useful as with my early m/c i felt i had nothing to show as if my baby had not existed therefore the tree made me feel happy there was something to show.
    Regarding being too confident i was too but what is wrong with being so happy and not worrying about bad things happening in your pregnancy - nothing. i just hope next pg i can also focus on the positive.
    Regarding trying to conceive again. It is up to ypu as to when you feel ready some people on this board tried straight away some waited a month and some longer. i hope the future brings you happiness only. Good luck ttc.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #4
    beck12
    (female)

beck12 HB User

Be true to your own grief & do whatever you need to do to help yourself heal physically and emotionally. I know it may be hurtful to you that others moved on so quickly, but this is very difficult no matter how others react. I m/c in March. I had so many family & friends that were so upset that it felt like too much for me to deal with & I was angry (only because of my grief) that I also had to deal w/ their hurt as well as my own. I think in the grief that it is difficult to feel like anything is happeneing the way that you want/need it to happen, because you just want it all to be back like it was.

As far as trying again, depending on a variety of factors, your doctor would be the best one to recommend. Sometimes doctors sugget you wait a couple of cycles (as mine did) & sometimes not. My Ob-Gyn said I'd have a lesser risk of another m/c if I waited until 2 full cycles, so that we could be sure I was fully recovered. I had a friend that hemmoraged 7 weeks after her m/c - the Dr's said it was brought on my the fact that she hadn't fully expelled everything from before (a D&C would've prevented that probably). I'm not sure what would've happened if she'd been pg at that time, but surely another m/c at the very least which would've be devastating, but she nearly died as it was, & that was enough for me to wait like my Ob said. Also - keep up on those vitamins - this whole process takes a lot out of your body.

Just remember - to have the healthiest pregnancy - you need to be well first - mind, body, & soul. Make sure you give yourself time to grieve & give your heart enough time to heal. There's no need to rush. Be sure that you really want to try so soon & that you aren't just "keeping busy" as you said & trying to avoid time to feel the pain. I wish you much love & some pink ruffles for your future. In the meantime love yourself & your boys & make all your decisions on what's best your you - body & soul.

- Beck

Closed Thread