HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Miscarriage & Still Birth (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/miscarriage-still-birth/)
-   -   threatened miscarriage + clots (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/miscarriage-still-birth/343559-threatened-miscarriage-clots.html)

curiousmama 11-22-2005 06:42 PM

threatened miscarriage + clots

Do clots always signal an impending or actual miscarriage?

I am 6 weeks into my pregnancy. I spotted Sunday, and today started actually bleeding (not a lot). I have passed some tiny to medium clots. I have had some cramping, but nothing in comparison to even Braxton Hicks contractions (this is my second pregnancy) and I've had period cramps much worse than what I've felt. I still feel pregnant. Right now, I'm experiencing heart burn, and the muscle/tendon stretching that goes along with an enlarging belly (which has started happening). I have talked to my midwife, and have decided that there is nothing medically that should be done at this point. I haven't called to talk to her about the clots specifically. I'm just taking it easy and waiting to see. However, I am heartbroken every time I see the teeny clots, and I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this. Thanks.

Cupcake3 11-23-2005 07:48 AM

Re: threatened miscarriage + clots

do you think it could be implementation bleeding???

Do not worry to much about it, just rest..
take care of yourself.

cody's mom 11-23-2005 01:42 PM

I had a M/C back in September. Mine started off with the bleeding & spotting and then later I started having the blood clots.
Please just try to stay postive and take it easy. Maybe you should call your mid-wife and see what she thinks.
Take care,
Stacie :bouncing:

weepyone 11-24-2005 02:39 PM

maybe an u/s would give you an accurate answer guessing will not put you at rest. i hope all is well i understand the worry i have had previous early m/c too. praying all is positive news for you :angel:

*ladybird* 11-24-2005 02:44 PM

Hey.

U better get to the doctors or hospital. Bleeding in pregnancy isnt always good. It could be anything. Sorry to say. It could be miscaridge or could be a period. (you do get periods sometimes wen pregnant) but i think you should get it checked or ring up hospital/doctor for some advice.

Good luck and go to the hospital x

curiousmama 11-25-2005 12:24 AM

I believe I had the miscarriage. I have been bleeding and passing clots, and tonight, I passed an intact, whitish, sac-like tissue with an umbilical cord looking peice attached to one end. I believe that was the baby. Of course, I will be talking to my midwife about it in the morning. We will see if she feels it is necessary to visit a doctor. Otherwise, I think I must have prepared myself for this yesterday, when I suddenly didn't feel pregnant anymore. I'm taking it pretty well, considering all the circumstances. Thank you all for your thoughts.

chysmom 11-25-2005 09:41 PM

Sorry about everything. I m.c back in Oct and started out with the clots and spotting also, but was told that just because I am clotting and spotting didnt mean I was going to m.c. I guess some females pass tiny clots while pg. Again very sorry.