It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• threatened miscarriage + clots

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
    curiousmama
    (female)

curiousmama HB User
    threatened miscarriage + clots

Do clots always signal an impending or actual miscarriage?

I am 6 weeks into my pregnancy. I spotted Sunday, and today started actually bleeding (not a lot). I have passed some tiny to medium clots. I have had some cramping, but nothing in comparison to even Braxton Hicks contractions (this is my second pregnancy) and I've had period cramps much worse than what I've felt. I still feel pregnant. Right now, I'm experiencing heart burn, and the muscle/tendon stretching that goes along with an enlarging belly (which has started happening). I have talked to my midwife, and have decided that there is nothing medically that should be done at this point. I haven't called to talk to her about the clots specifically. I'm just taking it easy and waiting to see. However, I am heartbroken every time I see the teeny clots, and I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2005, 06:48 AM   #2
    Cupcake3
    (female)

Cupcake3 HB User
    Re: threatened miscarriage + clots

do you think it could be implementation bleeding???

Do not worry to much about it, just rest..
    take care of yourself.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
    cody's mom
    (female)

cody's mom HB User

I had a M/C back in September. Mine started off with the bleeding & spotting and then later I started having the blood clots.
    Please just try to stay postive and take it easy. Maybe you should call your mid-wife and see what she thinks.
    Take care,
    Stacie

Old 11-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
    weepyone
    Inactive
    (female)

weepyone HB User

maybe an u/s would give you an accurate answer guessing will not put you at rest. i hope all is well i understand the worry i have had previous early m/c too. praying all is positive news for you

Old 11-24-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
    *ladybird*
    (female)

*ladybird* HB User

Hey.

U better get to the doctors or hospital. Bleeding in pregnancy isnt always good. It could be anything. Sorry to say. It could be miscaridge or could be a period. (you do get periods sometimes wen pregnant) but i think you should get it checked or ring up hospital/doctor for some advice.

Good luck and go to the hospital x

Old 11-24-2005, 11:24 PM   #6
    curiousmama
    (female)

curiousmama HB User

I believe I had the miscarriage. I have been bleeding and passing clots, and tonight, I passed an intact, whitish, sac-like tissue with an umbilical cord looking peice attached to one end. I believe that was the baby. Of course, I will be talking to my midwife about it in the morning. We will see if she feels it is necessary to visit a doctor. Otherwise, I think I must have prepared myself for this yesterday, when I suddenly didn't feel pregnant anymore. I'm taking it pretty well, considering all the circumstances. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Old 11-25-2005, 08:41 PM   #7
    chysmom
    Veteran
    (female)

chysmom HB User

Sorry about everything. I m.c back in Oct and started out with the clots and spotting also, but was told that just because I am clotting and spotting didnt mean I was going to m.c. I guess some females pass tiny clots while pg. Again very sorry.

Closed Thread