It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• D&C Post Op Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
    retrochick
    (female)

retrochick HB User
    Question D&C Post Op Question

Sorry mods--I posted this in the pregnancy board didn't realize there was a place for Miscarriage posts, thanks.
    Have any of you had a D&C (went under gen.anestetics completely asleep) and the next day you feel muscle aches all over?
    I just had a D&C for a missed miscarriage yesterday and I'm not sure if I'm starting to get an infection (tho I'm on an antibiotic that I started after the surgery) or if I just didn't get any good sleep last night and perhaps thats making me feel badly.
    I couldn't sleep last night, I ended up falling asleep around 3am (my surgery was finished at 6pm) I'm just not sure...I think I'll try taking a nap this afternoon but I'm just slightly worried about infection just from what I'm reading. I have no other symptoms just all over body aches...it feels like I ran a marathon or something (ouch!)
    I took 600mg of Ibuprofen this morning but it didn't seem to make much of a difference It's thanksgiving what should I do? Should I just wait it out and see how i feel after a nap or wait until tomorrow if things persist? (my ob doc office isn't open on friday )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
    staretha
    (female)

staretha HB User
    Re: D&C Post Op Question

I had a D&C on Nov. 23 and also felt really bad the next day. I could barely get out of bed, but I think it was due to stress and a broken heart. Everything I read about D&C says you should be fine in a couple of days. Are you doing better since your D&C?

Old 12-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #3
    annelizly
    (female)

annelizly HB User

I had a D&C years ago and yes that was the one thing I remember very clearly is that every muscle in my body ached as if I had been beaten with a baseball bat all over!!!

Old 12-11-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
    Cupcake3
    (female)

Cupcake3 HB User

I understand your loss quite a bit....

I think the stress of everything, ,broken heart, disappointment in what has happend will do it to you. I had 2 D&C's this year. April and June. The second one I was sore all over for a few days. the first i went to work the next day for a few hours. I suffered mostly from being mentally tired of thinking of what happend and what did I do wrong...

I hope you both feel better and time will heal all..
    takecare and try to have a great holiday despite what has happened.

Last edited by Cupcake3; 12-11-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Closed Thread