It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

sad after misscarriage for a surprise pregnancy

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
kim_rosa
(female)

kim_rosa HB User
sad after misscarriage for a surprise pregnancy

2 weeks ago i found myself 38 and pregnant, after the intial shock of thinking that we were only to enjoy grandbabys my hubby and i were delighted. Very early this morning i awoke to a pool of blood in our bed. Hubby and I went to hospital after 3 or so hours and blood test and ultrasound they said it was no longer a viable fetus. Told us to go home and let nature take its course. I thought it was normal to have a d&c after this sort of thing? Is it not? I'm passing some good sized clots (3 quaters put together) i want to listen to the dr. and let nature take its course...hubby thinks he is a quack and i need to go back. Any opions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User
Re: sad after misscarriage for a surprise pregnancy

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Wish there was something I could say to make it less painful.

I had 2 m/c, and I never had a d&c. I was so early (5 wks) that it passed okay. I had f/u ultrasounds to make sure everything passed though. Keep in close contact with your doc, and if you bleed excessively or get concerned, i would let him know or go to ER again. But I don't know standard rules for D&C of m/c > 5 wks. How far along were you?

Old 04-19-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
deadsy
(female)

deadsy HB User
Re: sad after misscarriage for a surprise pregnancy

Awwww Kim, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how devestating it is as I just miscarried my first little one last week.
My story was almost identical to yours, I woke up to a pool of blood in my bed.. and just knew I had lost it. I was too passing large clots, unfortunately I believe one of them was the little embryo.. and I was in such shock I flushed it down the toilet. I was 7 weeks when it happened, and my midwife wanted me to pass it naturally too... and I am pretty much done bleeding.
If you are still bleeding heavily, I would possibly follow up with an OB just to make sure everything is coming out okay. I am so sorry you had to go through this... but I do believe everything happens for a reason. Good luck with everything dear.

Linsey

Closed Thread