It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

So how do you get through Mother's Day?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #1
scrappin
(female)

scrappin HB User
So how do you get through Mother's Day?

I know Mother's Day is a few weeks off, but it already concerns me. It's only been a month, I still cry everyday, and I think of nothing else. Mother's Day is also Baby Dedication Day at our church and I really don't think I can handle that. My plan at the moment is to just pretend it's a day no different than any other and just let it pass. I don't feel much like celebrating Mother's Day right now.

Pam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
deadsy
(female)

deadsy HB User
Re: So how do you get through Mother's Day?

Awww Pam, I know exactly what you mean. Before I miscarried, everyone kept saying to me "Oh how exciting, you are going to get your first mother's day cards this year!" And now that I've lost my little one, I don't even know how to feel about that day.
My opinion is we should celebrate it regardless, because we are mothers... technically... our children are just not with us physically, but they will always be in our hearts and someday we will all reunite again.
I know it's going to be a difficult day, but just try to stay strong and know that your little girl is watching down on you from Heaven. I wish you the best of luck dear.

Linsey

Old 04-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Pam - is your mother still alive? Spend mothers day honoring her!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
teacherintexas
(female)

teacherintexas HB User

Do something different this year. That helped me last year.

Old 05-06-2006, 08:47 AM   #5
ozcally
(female)

ozcally HB User

Hi pdisney
Please always remember even though you have a little Angel in Heaven you are still a Mum.
Each Mothers Day I make sure my lovely daugher in law gets something as she has 2 Angels in heaven both in the same year she does see herself as being a Mum so do we
Hugssssssss sorry for your loss but there is soooooooo much help on the net for you
I feels is soo important to get in touch as all the other Mums who Have Angels are always with you in bad times that you will have

Hugssssssssssssssss Ozcally

Old 05-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
FlorenceC
(female)

FlorenceC HB User

Mother's Day is a hard one for me too. It will be 6 yrs this August that I lost my son at 22 weeks due to an IC. Sometimes I feel like I have to keep it all inside because even though I had a baby, it's like since he's not here, I'm not a mother. I understand this year will be extra hard for you, I can tell you that it gets easier though. Almost the whole first year afterward, i was a mess. I cried constantly and at the drop of a hat. I'd see a pregnant woman or a baby. Even the end of the Drew Carey show where they show the baby in the sonogram giggling, would make me cry. This is the type of pain that ONLY time can heal. You never get over it, but you learn to live with it and can make changes to avoid the same thing happening in the future. I've heard somewhere that when you lose a baby, the soul will be reborn in the next child you conceive. I haven't had another child yet, but that always makes me feel a little better. So keep your head up, and don't feel bad that you cry so much, you wouldn't be human if you didn't.

~Take comfort in knowing that your baby never knew anything but Love~

Old 05-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #7
scrappin
(female)

scrappin HB User

Thanks for the message. I think it would be easier if it weren't for the baby dedication that will happen at church. I really haven't decided if I'll skip church because of it or go and let the tears flow. I know that if I sit at home I will be thinking about it anyway. And yes I do take comfort knowing that my baby has only known Love, no pain, no heartache and one day we'll be together.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
teacherintexas
(female)

teacherintexas HB User

Happy Mother's Day to all of us with angel babies. Our arms may not get to hold our babies, but our hearts certainly do.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:51 AM   #9
essential1892
(female)

essential1892 HB User

this is my first mothers day. i had a miscarriage in december. it was awhile ago and i thought after two weeks of crying i was done being upset. but then in january i had severe bleeding and had to have a d&c so that brought out all of the feelings i tried to hide. now i feel all of those feelings coming back. my best friend just had a baby and i am so happy for her- her baby is the most beautiful boy ever. i just feel so empty and sad. i should be seven months pregnant and i know that no one will realize my pain about mothers day. i wish my husband would just know to do something nice for me on sunday but i know he won't and i'm not going to tell him. i feel so lonely and depressed sometimes. it's like one minute i'm fine and not thinking about our lost baby and the next i'm crying. i am unbelievably happy for my freinds who have children but at the same time i want to talk to them about this. i feel if i do i will ruin their mothers day so i won't say anything.i don't want to burden my husband either so i'm not going to say anything to him. i'm so confused on what i should do.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #10
justpeach
(female)

justpeach HB User

Essential~I'm very sorry about your m/c in dec. No one truly understands the pain unless you've gone down that road & sometimes people just don't know what to say to comfort you. Just talk to the people that are close to you & let them be there for you. Don't keep your feelings bottled up-they'll only spill over down the road. ((((hugs))))

My sil gave birth the day before I miscarried. Of course I was happy for her, but it just made it so hard & for the next couple of weeks everytime i'd talk to her & hear the baby crying, it made me nuts. I kept that to myself of course, but it definately made it hard.

Even if DH doesn't do something for you on Mother's Day(keep in mind, he may think it might upset you if he does), do something special for yourself.
I've heard so many heartwarming stories of people planting a tree, or a rosebush to help you heal & remember your little one. Or even just take a quiet walk by yourself to allow yourself to feel your emotions & remember your little one.

Take care
~Peach

Closed Thread