It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Any tips for trying again?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
mum2be

mum2be HB User
Any tips for trying again?

Well my second cycle came today ... the doctor said we'd only have to wait two cycles before trying again.

Any tips anyone can offer? I'm so scared of another m/c ...but I don't want that to discourage me and my darling husband from trying again. Of course the thought will be with me always, and I for sure won't be telling ANYONE that I'm pregnant this time around

Any advice or tips would be great ladies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
justpeach
(female)

justpeach HB User
Re: Any tips for trying again?

Hi mum

I too am very anxious about ttc again...in a good way & bad way. I really don't have any "advice", as I just had my first miscarriage the beginning of April, just wanted to say good luck to you & I understand your worries.
I now know that once I become pregnant again, I too will wait to tell people.

Good luck to you

Old 04-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
mum2be

mum2be HB User

Thanks Peach ... I just kinda feel "pressure" ... the first time wasn't really planned, and we were so unbelievably happy ... now we're trying again, I feel almost a pressure to make this one work

best of luck to you in your future too

Old 04-24-2006, 07:04 PM   #4
justpeach
(female)

justpeach HB User

I know exactly how you feel saying that you feel the pressure to make the next pregnancy work. This was my first miscarriage & I so felt like it was my fault or I did something wrong-I completely blamed myself. In hindsight, I know this is not true, but those were some very strong emotions to deal with.

I'm here for you if you ever need any support or just a shoulder to lean on.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:28 AM   #5
deadsy
(female)

deadsy HB User

Hi Mum, I will be trying to concieve with you and Peach in the future. I don't have any tips... as this was my first pregnancy/miscarriage so I am still new to the whole process. I have been hearing that women are known to have higher chances of conceiving after a miscarriage... so hopefully we will all have good healthy pregnancies soon enough.

My midwife advised to wait 'a couple of months' before trying again... but my husband started asking her questions so she basically said as soon as I have a normal cycle, I can start trying to conceive. Honestly though, dh and I haven't been using any contraception... so who knows what will happen.

I wish you all the best of luck!! Take care!

deadsy

Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 AM   #6
Sharon76
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi all

I am offering this advice to you all as i have lost 4 babies so i understand completely about when to start trying.

Dont put pressure on yourself to start trying for another baby just yet let your body settle down and your mind.

No one can offer advice as to when to start trying again as it is down to you all as an individual, but what i can say is that one day you will wake up thinking "the time is right"

And you will know when the time is right, may seem far away at the moment but it will come

Good luck to you all and please listen to YOU and your mind, then thats the right time

Old 04-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #7
JellyB_3
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User

Hi Girls,
First off let me say I"m so, so sorry for your losses. I watched your journey and your wonderful BFPs on the TTC board.
I had a M/C in Decmeber and I've put so much pressure on myself to get pg again, here I am 5 months later still TTC. Last time I got pg the first month, so I know I can get pg. It's just the stress.
I know it's so hard to do, almost impossible, but please try so hard not to think about it and let it happen naturally and you'll be seeing those BFPs in no time!
And also one note, I know you want to try right away, but there is some evidence that getting pg when you body is not fully healed will only result in another M/C.
So, take care of yourself, your body needs you right now. ((hugs))
-JellyB

Closed Thread