It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Hsg

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2006, 05:53 AM   #1
justpeach
(female)

justpeach HB User
Hsg

Ok girls, today is the day. My hsg is scheduled for 8:30am & i'm extremely nervous. I keep looking things up on the net about it, big no no . I read too many bad case scenarios of it being painful, definately not helping me here. I'm also really nervous of the outcome. Guess if there's something wrong though, I need to know before ttc again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User
Re: Hsg

Just letting you know I'm thinking about you right now (9:20 my time.) But your probably already done and on your way home....Hope it wasn't too bad and you got good results!

Old 05-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #3
deadsy
(female)

deadsy HB User

awww Good luck with everything Peach!! I am sure it will go just fine! (if you haven't already done it... lol) I'll be praying for you. Let us know how it goes!

always,
linsey

Old 05-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #4
justpeach
(female)

justpeach HB User

Well, it's over...YAY!! All my nervousness was definately worth while. I'm not going to lie, it was painful. From the get go, things started off bad b/c they only had large speculems(sp?) & the thing was cold-so he had a bit of trouble just getting the dang speculum in. Then when they insert the cathedar, it felt just like period cramps-but worse. Then cramps again whenever they injected the dye. I seriously thought I might pass out..but then that was it. It was over & all the pain was gone. I feel great now. So all in all, yes painful during the procedure, but it in hindsight it does go very quickly(of course it didn't seem like it while your lying on the table ).

The radiologist said I do not have a bicornuate uterus, YAY!!
He also told me there was no blockage in my tubes(wasn't worried about that, but good to know). He still had to go look @them in the x-ray room, so I won't get the full story until my dr see's them & calls me. Overall thought, the rad tech said everything looked fine. Phew, what a relief!!

Thanks for thinking of me girls!!

~Peach

Old 05-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

Yea for you!!!!

All the worry and pain is worth knowing all inside is normal!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
teacherintexas
(female)

teacherintexas HB User

I'm sorry it hurt, but I'm sure the news made up for it. I'm glad you got good news!

Old 05-18-2006, 02:07 PM   #7
deadsy
(female)

deadsy HB User

Yay!! I am so glad everything went well for you dear!! Catheter's ARE painful, aren't they!! But I am happy to hear that it is over and that the tech said everything looked good. I am sure everything will turn out just fine! Well keep us posted on how you are doing. Are you planning to start TTC conceive anytime soon... or are you still waiting for July? I am still waiting on AF.. scared to take a PT, but am going to tomorrow morning. ahhh! Okay take care Peach!

always,
Linsey

Old 05-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #8
justpeach
(female)

justpeach HB User

My doc called me today just to confirm that everything looked just fine on the x-rays from the HSG. OMG, I can't even begin to explain how relieved I am!! I'm due for my annual exam in June, I figure after that dh & I will start ttc again-so it'll be July. Which is good, b/c after my m/c I picked back up my nasty nasty habit of smoking(i haven't smoked in over a year). Don't know what the hell I was thinking-guess I wasn't. So after tonight i'm throwing this pack of smokes in the trash can. It's a nasty nasty habit......

Deadsy-How you doin girl! I've been thinking about you. Let us know when you test or if af comes...you know, just keep us updated .

Teacher-Thanks for your reply. It was definately worth going thru it to know that everythings ok down there. How have you been?

Ibelieve-Thank you for your earlier response also! Yes, definately definately worth going thru.

It will really be strange for me to go back to the ttc boards. I'm gonna "try" to not be so obessive this time around ttc. But I feel like home here on these boards, it's so nice to be able to log on & post.

Well you ladies have a good night

Last edited by justpeach; 05-18-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #9
teacherintexas
(female)

teacherintexas HB User

Peach, Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay I suppose. I don't think I've ovulated for the past two cycles, so that is a bit worrisome. I have my yearly this summer so I'm not going to try again until after that appointment. Perhaps if I quit trying, I'll get my miracle. My last pregnancy happened that way, so maybe.....

Closed Thread