It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Hospital.. tests.. home thank goodness

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User
Hospital.. tests.. home thank goodness

Well after waking at 4.30 in pain. I ended up at my gp's and then referred for scan and tests in the hospital - not my local as that doesn't have a mat ward.

Scan (internal type) showed fluid in the womb and behind the womb but not a baby or sack or anything.

They took bloods after internal, cervix is closed - and want bloods on sunday to compare. Bloods today are 987 HCG. Not sure how low that is, or what it all means.

I'm mostly confused!

They haven't been able to rule out ectopic pregnancy yet. but are confused themselves as bled so long and they are not sure if last AF was an AF or not! so could be 8 weeks preg, or 4 weeks preg.

Last edited by Purple Hugs; 06-02-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User
Re: Hospital.. tests.. home thank goodness

looked up the HCG level and it's in line with a 3 week pregnancy..
* At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
* At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.

fingers are firmly x'd it doubles on sunday.. but having to keep a realistic view too.. things aren't going well and chances are I won't have a 'miracle' pregnancy at the end of all this.

Would love a little as a surprise though.

Is cervix being closed a really good sign? Has anyone had this and still had a baby after threatened miscarriage?

My sister is thinking maybe i did miscarry end of last month and have already conceived.. I don't know though, as only had sex once mid-month when it all stopped for a bit. She also said sometimes women have twins and then one dies, but one survives..
think she's just trying to get me to think positive, but I'm scared to be too positive.

Sorry for whittling on.

Last edited by Purple Hugs; 06-02-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
deadsy
(female)

deadsy HB User

Okay, if your HCG was 987... that seems kinda of high for having a miscarriage?? When I had mine, my levels dropped dramatically every two days... I know we are all different, but I can't help but think there still /may/ be hope for you. What will determine it i am sure if your levels continue to rise... particularly double.. or if they drop. I really don't know what to tell you because this all seems so weird... but I am hoping for the best for you! Good luck!!

linsey

Old 06-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User

Thanks Linsey! I've been HOPING someone would say the same!
I'm really thinking.. IF i had been 4 weeks preg at teh beginning of may and miscarried.. then surely the levels would have dropped by now..

The dr was looking at an 8 week pregnancy being 1500 or above, but when we talked about my bleeding at the beginning of the month it was just like a period, and then 4 days with nothing.. then slow bleeding NOT like a period. So she wondered if I could have gotten pregnant in that time. It is possible as we did BD in the days I wasn't bleeding but I can't be sure if this matches with an ovulation day.. but then i've 'covered' all my ovulation days for the last 3 years and not got anywhere! so who knows... hehe

Doesn't explain the bleeding but if my levels double i'll be happy to wait for a 2nd scan and put up with the bleeding in the hope it's one of those things.

I'm keeping the likelyhood of nothing there in my mind as clear as day as lets face it the odds are against it...

And will let you know on Monday!! Sadly the lab isn't open tomorrow but they want the bloods ready to be checked on monday. So fingers x'd...

I'm being good.. and eating well, just in case! If I am still pregnant then there really is time to be made up for!

Thanks for the well wishes - hope you are getting on well!
Hugs, Jane

Old 06-04-2006, 07:27 AM   #5
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User

Had todays blood test.. and now i'm feeling really freaked out..
I have to wait till after 3pm tomorrow to ring for results and comparision.

I'm soooo soooo scared! I know the worst. and have gone through 3 days of being told i'd had a miscarriage but now i've a glimer of hope.. it's killing me! I want my baby... if there is a baby and I'm so scared i'll be devestated again if they say there is nothing and no chance.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

Awww sweetie.

I'm so sorry this is happening. I will definitely remember you in my prayers tonight. Well, why wait?

There, another prayer sent up for you and little bean.

(((hugs))))

Old 06-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #7
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User

Thanks.. i'm sure we've all been through the same upset/anguish.

Doesn't make it easiter though. Had a night filled with dreams about everyone I know having babies apart from me of course!

Closed Thread