It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

I got a positive

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
justpeach
(female)

justpeach HB User
I got a positive

Can you say in total shock? Yes. That's me right now.

AF due today/tomorrow...i've been feeling like very blah since yesterday & it got a bit worse today. Today I'm technically late, but I was going to give it a few more days since I've only had one normal cycle since my m/c, but I just felt so yucky today that I went & bought a test. I took it, looked @it couple minutes later and sure enough there were two lines staring right back at me. I guess it's true...it will only take one time to make it happen, b/c we only slipped up on the condoms once.

Wow...please don't get me wrong. I'm happy about this, but at the same time very scared. I'm scared that history will repeat itself...I know I should take my own advice & just let it be & enjoy it, but so much easier said then done. Yikes.

I told DH & he's ecstactic. But i'm just trying to take it all in........

~Peach

p.s. sorry for posting here..i feel kinda lost boardwise right now

Last edited by justpeach; 06-05-2006 at 10:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #2
Liz Cook
(female)

Liz Cook HB User
Re: I got a positive

good luck to you we are 3 months past delivery with our 3rd son after our second was stillborn almost 4 years ago. i know what you mean about feeling lost board wise we tried to get pregnant for 3 years after we lost ian and then gave up and planned to just work on isaac (our 1st son, diagnosed with severe autism). i had an appt. to get birth control and got pregnant. i actually cried because i wasnt ready for it after all that trying still not ready for it some days. tristan is a joy, and so far "normal" but sometimes i just cant help but think how there ought to be 3 boys mucking up my life instead of two and somedays its harder than others to shake that feeling... hence me being here at 1 in the morning reading these posts...

i hate that whole ((())) hugs thing but you deserve one anyhow its okay to be scared, its okay to be sad, and above all its okay to be happy! yay for you!

Old 06-06-2006, 05:24 AM   #3
pantera78
(female)

pantera78 HB User

congratulations! Just take care of yrself and dont worry too much.
If its meant to be, it's meant to be.

good luck :-)

Old 06-06-2006, 05:44 AM   #4
MellyMel
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

I saw your post and wanted to congratulate you Peach. Please do not be scared and try to remain positive. I lost my first at 8 weeks and got pregnant right away and he's 7 now, so please stay positive. History does NOT always repeat itself. I will pray that this one sticks sticks sticks and sticks some more for you!!

Melly

Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #5
deadsy
(female)

deadsy HB User

OMG!!!! PEACH, I AM SOOOO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I know you guys were planning on waiting a while, but you know, everything happens for a reason. DH and I only slipped up a few times... and honestly we barely even BD'd because of all the problems I was having... so I guess it really is true that we are more fertile after a miscarriage. I completely understand your concerns... but just take it one day at a time... it really gets easier. What will this make you, a Februrary mommy? Well, we will be close at least. I am here for you if you need anything... as you know I have been experiencing this myself these past weeks. As days go on, that nervousness will turn into excitement... I have my first appt on Monday and I can't wait!!! I am trying to have it moved sooner though... I think I have a bladder infection.. sigh. Is it normal to have a little blood in your urine with a bladder infection??? I am going to post a board asking this soon. I am freaked out, but glad to know the blood isn't coming from the baby.
Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say Congrats!!! I am so excited that you are prego too. Take care darling... I'll be talking to you soon!!!

always,
Linsey

Old 06-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #6
justpeach
(female)

justpeach HB User

Thank you girls so much for your replies.

I took the day off work...really don't know why. I don't feel bad today, just blah still, think I just needed a day to myself.

Mel~thanks for your prayers. i'm praying that this one sticks sticks sticks too!

Liz~i'm glad i'm not the only one board confused. i'm so sorry to hear you 2nd was stillborn, i can't even imagine what it was like to go thru that. you are such a strong person. thanks for your thoughts.

Pantera~Thanks. I agree, if it's meant to be it will be. Too bad i'm a control freak & try to control EVERYTHING!! HA! I needs to be getting over that real soon.

Deadsy~Thank you!! I must be true about the fertility thing. I'm still in shock. I'm trying not to worry & trying to just continue with my life as it were before, but thoughts are overwhelming me today. Guess that's why I took the day off. Luckily I know exactly what day we conceived, so going from that my edd would be Feb 13th. Your a Jan mommy, right?
I'm not sure about bleeding with a bladder infection, I would definately check with your doc asap.

Thanks again girls for your support.

~Peach

Old 06-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #7
deadsy
(female)

deadsy HB User

Yay, you are going to have a Valentine's Baby... that's soo cool! Yeah, I don't know my exact conception date, but I am guestimating my due date is January 18th. We won't know for a while, so thats a bummer... but oh well, it will come when it's ready. I called my doc and they couldn't get me in... but decided to call in a RX for some antibiotics. The bleeding wasn't actually bleeding... it was more like a couple of spots on the TP when I wiped... and that is completely gone now. I still feel prego, in fact I threw up for the first time today. sigh. SO much fun to deal with while you are at work!! How are you feeling Peach? Do you have any symtoms? I remember as soon as I tested, I started noticing my bbs were sore. That has been my first symptom both times. I think it's a good idea to take a day off today, I was completely useless at work the day I found out... it consumed my everything.
Well I hope you feel better... once it sinks in more I am sure you will get excited. Yay I am soo excited already for you. LOL Well keep us posted as to how you feel... take care hun!

Linsey

Closed Thread