It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

I hope you never go through this

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
Mysticat13
(female)

Mysticat13 HB User
I hope you never go through this

Hi,
I just needed to update in case anyone was wondering. I know I am not part of you regular group but I did post awhile back.
Just a recap... on April 10th, I had a missed m/c at 13 weeks (baby was 10 weeks). I was rushed to the hospital because I was heamoraging. I was put on morphine and after 7 hours I got an ultrasound that confirmed the fetus was gone. A few hours later they did an emergency D&C.

But since then my life has been a nightmare. I had been having cramps, bleeding red and or spotting off and on for over 8 weeks following my D&C. I went to the OBGYN who performed it and my doctor and they said that everything looked fine, that this sometimes happens. I finally at about 7 weeks after got them to do another ultrasound. They found the D&C was incomplete they had left tissue inside me. But since I did not have an infection they did nothing and said it was not that much I would have to wait until it passed.
On June 6th, I woke up and blood was pouring out of me...when I went to the bathroom I heard a splash! I found a CHUNK of tissue the size of finger. I bled for another 2 days and now it has been 6 days and I have been finally feeling normal.

I just have not been able to heal emotionally since all this happened.

I am 40 years old, this was my fist pregnancy...all natural...and it ended in such a nightmare. I have a wonderful supportive husband and an 11 year old son (he is adopted). They have been trying to get through this too. I feel so empty and so sad.
I am very happy for you who do not have to go through what I did. And thrilled for the ones who have concieved again.
My prayers are with you.
Monique

Last edited by Mysticat13; 06-15-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User
Re: I hope you never go through this

I am so sorry for you loss, and indeed teh circumstances surrounding your m/c.

A m/c is a horrendous thing to go through in any circumstances, and sadly we all vary greatly.

I'm sorry the hospital missed part of the tissue while doing the D&C and this prolonged your bleeding.

I myself had a natural m/c on 2nd May and bled until 5 days ago. So totally understand the prolonged bleeding and hospital letting things happen naturally.

I guess we will all heal somewhat in time.
For now give your son and DH hugs and share tears.. as this will help in the end!

Congratulations on your adopted son. I'm a foster carer and know how much of a joy he must be to you.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:50 AM   #3
Cupcake3
(female)

Cupcake3 HB User

Mysticat13

I am so sorry for your loss and I definitely feel all that you have been through. Last year I experienced the same thing in April 05. I m/c at 13 weeks. had an emergency D&C. Was bleeding and complaining to the dr for several weeks. Having contractions and could not understand what was happening to my body. Finally went for another opinion and my Regular GP discovered that I had POC left in me. HE immediately called my OBGYN and told him I needed that tissue removed right away. The OBGYN made me wait another 5 days. I had the second D&C.

This is all painful enough to get through but when you have to deal with more body healing issues it just makes things worse.

Please take all the time you need to heal and talk about it as much as you can. I think with time you will be better. I still have some moments but find something to focus on. I am 38 years old later this summer and want to have a baby and will try again later this summer. You will be fine. We are all here for you if you need to talk some more...

Hugs

Last edited by Cupcake3; 06-16-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
ladysoth

ladysoth HB User

It takes time to heal, both physically & emotionally. I have lost 6 pregnancies - trust me, it will get better. Try to focus on the good things in life, like your husband and your child and try to realize that it's awful that this bad thing happened to you, you still have many blessings.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:46 AM   #5
JellyB_3
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User

I had the same thing happen. I passed several pieces of tissue about 3" round! It was horrible!
I never stuck my hand in the toilet to many times in my life!
But, time heals all wounds. That was in January, I'm now 7 weeks pg again. Nervous as heck, but it definitely heals the pain of what I went through.

Closed Thread