It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Trying to figure out what's been going on...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2006, 10:55 PM   #1
sunnymom4
(female)

sunnymom4 HB User
Trying to figure out what's been going on...

I had my tubes tied about 5 years ago after having my fourth child. I know without a doubt that I had a m/c about 2 years ago, even though the doc at the Emerg that night said it was "impossible after a tubal" and dismissed me as some crazy-lunatic (basically told me I had my period and that there was "precious little bleeding" and to go home). I had had my period 2 weeks prior so I tried to impress on him that this was NOT my period. Anyways, everything did go fine in the end and I am still convinced that it was a m/c because I know what I saw in the tissue (could identify certain things) which I flushed because my older kids were calling me and I was kinda freaking out.

That incident was roughly 2 years ago. Over the past 2 weeks or so I got my period unexpectedly and it really was strange but nothing that rang any major bells. I just kept thinking how strange it was. Lots of clots but that's been going on ever since the tubal 5 years ago BUT it really was more then usual. Also lots of other "stuff" in there. And lots of brownish stuff at the end and that never happens. I just kinda shrugged it off as strange and figured it was because life has been extra busy/stressful lately and my body was reacting to all that. (??? is that possible even ???) Another weird thing about this is period was that there was no zits. I ALWAYS get zits when I'm about to get my period. That's my one big signal. I started getting zits right after this one.

THEN yesterday after about almost a week after the period ended I had some spotting. Very pink but enough to get my attention. Then nothing more. Figured it was strange but that's about it.

THEN TODAY I notice some strange tissue. (sorry for getting graphic here...) it was definately a flesh color with some darker bluish looking spots. Nothing identifiable. Just a 1/2" size give or take. Flat. My mom said once that if you can pull it apart then its not a m/c. Yes, I was able to pull it apart. The super strange thing about today is that there was no blood. But I have felt crampy like I was going to get my period starting any time.

Anyone ever have something like this? If today wasn't a m/c what else could it be? I feel very confused about this.

All in all I feel fine although I do feel very tired but then life's been crazy-busy too. Hard to say if that's from anything else going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2006, 01:14 AM   #2
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User
Re: Trying to figure out what's been going on...

Have you done a preg test? Why I ask is that if it was a m/c then you'd pass a pee on a stick type or get your Dr to do blood work to see if HCG hormone in your blood. If it is there, or you get a pos on Home preg test then you have been pregnant. Which would confirm the m/c.

I'd get it checked out by a normal physician this time someone that will listen and not put you down as being silly.

I had a m/c in may, but didn't know what I was passing when i passed it, kind of looked at it weird and flushed it. If I'd known i'd have looked more closely and certainly never ever flushed it.

I do wish you well and hope you can get to the bottom of this. This is the time to test hun, and I know it's strange to pass preg tests and NOT be pregnant anymore but it sounds like you need closure and to make sure you are safe.
let us know how you get on.
((hugs))
Jane

Old 06-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
sunnymom4
(female)

sunnymom4 HB User
Re: Trying to figure out what's been going on...

Jane, so sorry to hear about your m/c. Thanks for the comments and thoughts.

I did see me regular family doctor just now. She is awesome. She thinks it could be endometriosis (sp?) or fibroides (sp?). She sent me for all sorts of lab work today (and ultra sound for July 6, plus she wants a complete physical again) , and yup, including a pregnancy test especially since I told her what happened 2 years ago. She did not brush me off at all but instead explained that one of the clips could have come off. In her opinion anything is possible and all possibilities must be explored/ruled out before coming to a conclusion. I feel like someone is finally taking me seriously!

Closed Thread