It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Final appt after d&c today

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
CruiseMomInSC
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User
Final appt after d&c today

How depressing today was. I am actually doing well with "dealing" with things I think. I do have my moments and days and it does seem to be getting easier. Nonetheless....today I had to go to the OB for my final appt to be discharged from being the pregnant patient. It was hard. I knew it would bother me to go, but I have had so many happy memories there (two successful pregnancies). My doctor did tell me that she doesn't want to see me pregnant for at least 3 months. (One of the partners in the practice told me ONE GOOD CYCLE before ttc again).....so I asked her IF it happens would you prefer I find another dr? She's a GREAT doctor, so I was hoping she'd say no. She did tell me to come to her, she'd just follow me even closer.

She actually said that it takes 6-12 months to grieve, but I can't wait that long. IF it takes that long, so be it. I hope not though.

How long did it take any of you to notice a big difference in your emotions after your m/c?

Jumping back on the ttc wagon next month. That truly does bring a little bit of joy and helps to alleviate some of the sad feelings. It's just hard because there's another lady in our office who is pregnant and due about the same time I was.

Can't think that way right now though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2006, 05:27 AM   #2
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User
Re: Final appt after d&c today

((hugs)) hope you are feeling a little brighter this morning.

I haven't had the same experience as had an early natural m/c but can relate on the emotions etc.

I must admit i had symptoms for over a month after my m/c started but then i had hcg level that was still in the 900's after a month too.

The emotions of the m/c are still with me, and I think will be for a long time. Although i've read they usually subside around the 4-6 month mark.

hope this helps, all the best when you start to TTC again.

((hugs)) Jane

Old 06-29-2006, 06:33 AM   #3
CruiseMomInSC
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User

Thanks Jane. I am feeling a little better this morning. I guess it was just getting through the whole office visit that was the hard part. I do feel "good" for the most part. Fortunately I am blessed with two little ones at home that help keep my mind occupied. Do you have any children at home?

Huge hugs to you, too. It's so hard to go through this.

Thanks for responding. It helps to know I'm not alone.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:33 AM   #4
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

Hello there!

I think what you are dealing with now was almost as hard as finding out about the initial loss. I remember how I felt on my last m/c follow up visit. I was already weepy from sitting in the waiting room with the pg women. And when my doc walked in and said "It's over" I just lost it. I was relieved, but so sad. At least with all the visits, my mind was wrapped around the #s going down to zero. Once they were, all there was to do was grieve my loss. I was told to wait 3 months too, whichI did after each loss. The second time I waited only b/c I was getting testing. Otherwise, I wouldn't have waited. I was afraid if I didn't "get back on the horse again," I'd chicken out. I just wanted something to give me some excitement and joy again. Wishing you much luck for a quick and successful pregnancy!!!

-believe

Old 06-29-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
CruiseMomInSC
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User

Very inspriational. Are you pregnant right now? If so, how long after your m/c did you get pregnant?

Old 06-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

Nope, not pregnant yet. Hopefully soon. My motto now: Third time's a charm!
(I remember now I waited 6 months before TTC again after the first loss (various reasons); but I got pg on the 4th cycle;started TTC after 3 months after the 2nd loss, taking a bit longer to get pg this time)

-believe

Old 06-30-2006, 09:52 AM   #7
CruiseMomInSC
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User

Well you have a great outlook on things. If it helps, it took me 8 months last time after my m/c to have a healthy baby boy!

GOOD LUCK!

Old 06-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #8
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

I remember my trip to the doctor the morning after my miscarriage began. It was all still so surreal to me as I thought without a doubt that this baby was going to come. I was So sure. Sitting in the waiting room was hard....seeing all the preg women and teenagers...( I am 22..so I am not that much older than them) But I was really ready for the responsibility of a baby. I felt envy inside seeing them big and pregnant. They probably smoke...( I'm sorry) I am only half joking about that. I'm sure they will all be great mom's.

When my husband and I finally got a room ( keep in my mind I had not yet cried in the office) The nurse came in and asked me if I had taken a pregnancy test.....I said yes, 4, all positive and then I broke down right then I couldn't hold back the flood gates any longer.. I took four tests because I couldn't even believe I was pregnant to begin with... every morning it was like I had to take one to see if it wasn't a dream. I could tell the nurse felt bad. I could see her sympathy on her face. She asked me that question because I hadn't come in for my first check up yet...I had an appt for the week following.

When the doc came in and did the ultrasound, he said that I had expelled the baby.. that basically the miscarriage was for real. I broke down again then because I think inside I was hoping that maybe by some miracle I had not had a m/c but a threatened one and the baby's heartbeat would show. Reality set in after that clear evidence and I couldn't handle it emotionally. The doc, my husband, the nurse..all who were in the room wanted to bring me comfort...I know they felt so sad for me..but I still felt all alone in my pain. I felt empty that day at the doctor's office.

I feel this was the hardest thing I and I'm sure all of you have gone through. I can't help but worry that I will never be able to experience a healthy full term pregnancy. I've always wanted to be a cute pregnant mommy. I never even thought m/c would be something I would have to deal with. Never.

When I pray at night for myself.. I mention all of you ladies on this board to bring you comfort through this time.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:23 PM   #9
CruiseMomInSC
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User

I bet it was hard to write that. Thanks for sharing it though. Like you, I took several several pregnancy tests. I kept thinking "am I really???" Not one ounce of me even considered that it could end in a m/c - even though I have had them before. I had two healthy pregnancies, and I just KNEW I was "safe" with this one.

Think positive, you WILL be blessed with a healthy pregnancy. What sucks is that after this, you'll probably spend the first trimester worrying a lot. Hopefully not, but you'll get pregnant and someday you'll be posting here about your little one that is talking back at you - while you're ttc another!

Today was a VERY VERY hard day for me. I've cried a lot today. Not sure why. I guess the ups and downs are normal, but this board really is helpful. I try to focus more on the ttc side now rather than the m/c so that I can "move forward" but sometimes you can't ignore things.

HUGE hugs to you!

Old 06-30-2006, 10:38 PM   #10
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

Thank you Jennifer for your kind words and warm wishes.

Closed Thread