It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

chemical pregnancy

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
glitterpink
(female)

glitterpink HB User
chemical pregnancy

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice/help.

Quick biop - had a missed m/c diagnosed 26th May when I should have been 12 weeks but my Pip was only 9 weeks. Had an ERPC 31st May.

Ovulated around 17th June and got a faint BFP on Friday (when my AF was due). Took hpts everyday since Friday and the line did not get darker. Today the line is pretty well non-existent.

Dr says I hopefully (other possibilites are not as simple) have a blighted ovum/chemical Pg and if it doesn't sort itself out naturally soon I face another ERPC. My HCG must be really low to not show up on a hpt so why no AF yet? I'm worried because my body didn't recognise my last m/c and held onto it for 3 weeks despite having a near zero HCG level!! Does that mean this is whats happening again?

Anyone had a similar experience and has some advice?

Thanks for listening,

Steph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User
Re: chemical pregnancy

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Steph, I'm SO sorry to read your post!

I don't have the answers i'm afraid.

Are they going to test your hcg levels? Goodness i hope this doesn't lead to another proceedure, i'm not sure if a ERPC is the same as a D&C i'm not really 'up' on any of them.

I'm so sorry hun, and wish I could give you a big huge hug.
Hugs,
Jane x x

Old 07-04-2006, 09:29 AM   #3
glitterpink
(female)

glitterpink HB User

Thanks Jane,

It's just an awful time at the moment. They are just testing my urine sample for HCG, apparently no need for a blood test right now. Well I will have to wait until Friday for that result and then Tuesday to see the Dr again. Hope AF comes really soon!

ERPC is the same as a D&C but they use suction instead of scraping - meant to be better for your insides, no scarring, little pain afterwards and quicker recovery. Painless as it was I do not want another one if I can avoid it!!!

Hows things with you? O'd yet? Remember a dip in your temp occurs just before you O, your temp only shoots up after you O. Sorry you probably know all this was just rambling on Keep me posted, eager that one of us gets a BFP soon!!

Steph

Old 07-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #4
scrappin
(female)

scrappin HB User

Ohh Steph,

I'm so sorry. I wish I could be of some help. Your story sounds a little like what happened to me, except that I did have AF. But it was really light, like much less than even a normal AF. I thought it seemed kinda strange. I see the doc on Friday, but I don't expect there to be anything there. Some of my pregnancy symptoms didn't leave either (3 tests were BFN), but oh well. Well I hope you AF soon, so you can get back to trying again.

Pam

Old 07-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
glitterpink
(female)

glitterpink HB User

Hi Pam,

I am so sorry you have had a similar experience, it's upsetting me just as much as my m/c. I think I am three days past my due AF date and my boobs ache like hell!! How many days past AF were you?

I'm glad to hear things resolved themselves with you (I hope I am the same) and wish you all the luck in the world and lots of super sticky bean dust for your next 'O' day!! Let us know how you get on - good news is always welcome.

Thanks,

Steph

Old 07-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User

((hugs)) steph. Guess all we can do is hope AF arrives soon... I do feel for you, i know i was devestated enough with my early m/c. and it is natural to feel the emotions you did when you had your m/c. they might give this a different name, but we all have the same emotions.
Thanks for explaining ERPC.

I wasn't aware of the dip... was thinking maybe that was it for this month... maybe they'll raise tomorrow and maybe todays AF type of cramp was ovulation pain. I hope so!

Huge hugs your way hun, and I really am here for you and thinking of you - as are the others of course. Please remember we are here.

Hugs, Jane x

Old 07-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #7
scrappin
(female)

scrappin HB User

Hi Steph

It's been 2 and a half weeks since my "af". I don't know if I should expect things to continue on their normal course, or will the next af be delayed? I was 4 days late last time (m/c of some sort). I was shocked that I had gotten a bfp as early as I did (5 days before af was due). I still have sore boobs and my nose can still smell everything. I see the doctor on Friday, but I'm not sure that I can go through another loss of anykind again.

Lots of baby dust, the sticky kind, for next time around to all.
Pam

Old 07-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #8
glitterpink
(female)

glitterpink HB User

Thanks Pam,

I hate this not knowing thing!! I still haven't had AF (5 days late) and starting to get a bit hysterical about it all. Suppose theres not much I can do until Tuesday.

Hope your body is back into its cycle and I hope your Dr gives you some reassurance on Friday.

Steph

Closed Thread