It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Feeling really rubbish...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2006, 04:40 AM   #1
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User
Feeling really rubbish...

It's just over a month now since my miscarriage at 9 weeks. I thought everything was settling down physically and emotionally; however, I am still bleeding (with two one/two day breaks) and it's beginning to really get me down. The bleeding is like a constant reminder of what happened and I'm starting to feel really, really low. It's as though I can't concentrate on anything else. My emotional health is erratic and my physical health is suffering to the extent that my work colleagues can tell just from looking at me that something is wrong; I am breaking out, I am constantly tired, pale, no appetite etc.

My m/c was natural and complete (although my HCG levels took a while to drop) so I don't think there is anything left causing the bleeding. But four whole weeks, almost non-stop?? It's still quite heavy too.. it's like a month long period and it's draining the life out of me; i'm so fed up. Got an appointment with my doc this pm, so will talk things out with her, but I really feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
whisperton
(female)

whisperton HB User
Re: Feeling really rubbish...

im sorry for your loss and i hope everything goes well at your doctor visit. were you very far along? maybe if you are farther along in the pregnancy it takes more time to release everything. i was five weeks along when i had my m/c and the bleeding lasted for about 2 and 1/2 weeks. it was a horrible reminder for me as well. i am still having difficulty coping with it all, sometimes it feels like my life has been ripped away from me. it like someone up there says "here you go, here's something wonderful", and then its "oh wait, nevermind, we'll take that back now" without any care of the emotional damage. but things are getting better for me , slowly but surely, as im sure they will for you. and don't give up hope, even after multiple miscarriages women still have healthy babies later on. im sure all will turn out for the best, keep your chin up

and you always have us on the boards to talk with

Old 07-11-2006, 03:00 AM   #3
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User
Re: Feeling a little less rubbish...

Thanks for your supportive words. The appointment with my doctor went well. She said although it is not entirely unusual to bleed for four weeks post miscarriage; it is worrying that I am still bleeding as heavily as I am. She suspects I may have an infection. Anyway, she took some swabs (internal - yuk!) and we'll have the results back on Thursday. She said dependant upon the results, I will either start on a course of antibiotics and iron, or I may have to have a D & C; which although unpleasant, I'm willing to undergo if it will help calm the bleeding.

I am definitely feeling happier to know that there is a reason this is still ongoing and that it can be rectified. Maybe once this is all under control I can start on the road to emotional recovery.

I am sorry for your loss and the resulting suffering you've experienced... hopefully we'll all have some happy news to report in the not so distant future! Best wishes, Kath.

Closed Thread