It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Omg Omg Omg Omg

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2006, 03:02 AM   #1
gemmalou
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User
Omg Omg Omg Omg

OK, im so excited im shaking, i ordered a bunch of preg tests which just arrived, ive already been for a p p (sorry for tmi) this am but i thought what the heck. i took one anyway,, ,,,,,,, ,,, ,,, ,, and there is most definately a faint line!!!!! oh my god,,

ok,, now,, im trying not to build up my hopes (yeah right),, it may be a false neg. im gonna test again first thing tomorrow morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 05:14 AM   #2
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User
Re: Omg Omg Omg Omg

Gemmalou... this is brilliant news! Congratulations! Remember what they say, 'A line is a line, no matter how faint'; you cannot get a false positive... the only thing that can mimic pregnancy hormones is embalming fluid! Here's to a healthy, happy pregnancy... hopefully a few more of us will be joining you on the pregnancy boards soon! xx

Last edited by Kathp; 07-19-2006 at 05:20 AM.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #3
JellyB_3
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User

OMG!!! Gemmalou!!!!!!!!!!! I"m so excited for you! a line is a line! as long as it showed within the time frame and not hours later!
My BFP was so faint, I had to look at it outside only on a certain angle. LOL!
Keep us posted on your next test!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
Sweet73
(female)

Sweet73 HB User

OMG! Congratulaions!! I am so happy to read about a BFP on this board!! I come here to read others posts, grieving from my loss 1 week ago, and reading your post just lifted my spirits & just about made me cry (happy). Wishing you lots of healthy sticky baby dust!!!!

Jelly,
I also read your post.. good luck with testing, wishing you lots & lots of healthy baby dust!!

I hope to be back on the pregnancy board after 4 months or so, so on a positive note... See you all there!!!
-Sweet

Old 07-19-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
gemmalou
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User

hey everyone thanks for all the great posts,

jelly- good luc with your testing i think i remember reading it was today?

sweet- i am so sorry for your loss, i lost my little bean back in january and have found so much help in these boards. just keep dreaming and one day they might come true.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
Purple Hugs
Inactive
(female)

Purple Hugs HB User

oooh fingers x'd the line gets stronger for you!

Old 07-19-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
scrappin
(female)

scrappin HB User

Hey Congrats!!! That's terrific!!! I am so Happy for you.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:33 AM   #8
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User

Hey Gemmalou. How you doing?

Old 07-21-2006, 04:56 AM   #9
gemmalou
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User

Hey Kath, im doing ok thanks, got all the healthy food in (yuk) got my vitamins, even bought a bracelet that has rose quartz and moonstone on it as some people rekon it protects during pregnancy but i cant help but feel paranoid, ive tested every day and am still getting faint lines, but today seems to be fainter than the rest **sigh** ive bought a different make of preg test so am gonna do that one tomorrow just to make sure. i keep feeling my boobs just to make sure they still hurt(tmi) haha. told DH last night ,, i couldnt keep it a secret any longer on the plus side,, i think i may have another sign,, baby brain some people call it,,

last night i asked DH if he had seen my mobile phone, he said no so we rang my number from the landline and we could hear the ringtone reaaaally faint, so you get the picture,,, we're walkin around with our ears close to everything,, and im like, hey, i think its coming from the kitchen,,,,,,,,,,

low and behold it was in the kitchen,,,,,,,,,,,

i had threwn it in the bin earlier in the day and of course made hubby fetch it out hahahaha

Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 AM   #10
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User

Lol.. aww bless you re: the phone incident! 'Baby brain' would be a small price to pay though huh?! The bfps are very encouraging and don't worry about the line being a little fainter, sometimes it depends on the brand of the test and what time of day you take it etc. Are you going to see the doctor, get your hcg levels checked? I think it's good you told your dh - you'll be able to support one another. Fingers crossed for you and let us know how you're getting on!

Old 07-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #11
gemmalou
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User

Hey Kath, haven't arranged anything with my doctor yet as i want to change. when i went for my first appt last time i was preg, the conversation went like this...

what can i do for you?
well i just found out im pregnant,
and what do you want me to do about that? ill book you in with the midwife in a couple of weeks...
he didnt do any kind of tests, look at my history (i had a missed m/c a few years ago) didnt take my blood pressure or prescribe me folic acid.i went back home and half an hour later i misscarried, i know it wasnt the doctors fault but i just felt that maybe if he had done blood pressure or whatever he may have noticed something wrong

ive bought a different kind of test and im gonna try that one tomorrow morning, then if thats still positive im gonna book in with a different surgery.

hope all is well for you

Last edited by gemmalou; 07-21-2006 at 12:33 PM.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:53 AM   #12
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User

So gemmalou... what's the verdict??

Old 07-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #13
gemmalou
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User

Hey Kath, sorry for the late reply,, pooter went down *ugh*
ok so i did the test the next day and there was no mistaking it, i am definately pregnant woooo. the line was even stronger than the test line. im so excited but absolutely petrified at the same time, every time i feel something down there (sorry for tmi) i panic and run to the toilet to check, i still havent booked into the doctor yet, i know i should but i guess im just putting it off after what happened last time.
how are you anyway Kath, hope all is well

Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #14
mommy2bee
(female)

mommy2bee HB User

you cannot get a false positive... the only thing that can mimic pregnancy hormones is embalming fluid!

there are such things as false positives. my coworker had 1. she wasnt pregnant just had a urinary tract infection. however, i dont think they are very common at all.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #15
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

so wait are you saying that you CAN"T get a false positive but than you said right after that you can?

Closed Thread