It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Bleeding post m/c?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User
Bleeding post m/c?

Just wondering how long others experienced bleeding for after their m/c? I'm into my sixth week now. :-( Have had relevant tests, but just got to sit it out. My doctor has ruled out any infection that could be causing the bleeding (had candida in my colon and vagina, which has been treated and cleared, but would not cause prolonged bleeding). Has anyone else bled for six weeks+ ?

Last edited by Kathp; 07-20-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
glitterpink
(female)

glitterpink HB User
Re: Bleeding post m/c?

Hi Kath,

My experience was 2 weeks 'off and on' bleeding (that was after an ERPC) but I was warned it could be 4 weeks of bleeding. It depends on how far along you were before the m/c and what your HCG levels were/are - some womens HCG takes a very long time to get back to zero which causes prolonged bleeding. I presume they've checked your blood HCG to make sure your m/c is complete and there is no lingering tissue? If not - demand it!

The other reason for prolonged bleeding is an iron deficincy - I was told to take an iron supplement after my ERPC since the more you bleed the lower your iron and the lower your iron the more you bleed!!

Not sure if any of this helps you but at least know we are all thinking of you and hope to see you on the ttc board soon

Old 07-21-2006, 02:55 AM   #3
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User

I was nine weeks along, although the baby died around week 6. I've had all the tests going... even had another transvaginal u/s just to make doubley sure there is no tissue lurking. My HCG took near on four weeks to drop to under 50. It was measuring in at 25 earlier this week, so is dropping (eventually) back to 'non-pregnancy' levels. I don't know what it's all about, but I do know I'm totally fed up! We desperately want to start ttc again, but with this STILL ongoing, we're not able to.

It certainly does seem to be more scant bleeding now and I am having odd days with almost no bleeding at all; so hopefully, it's all now coming to an end. It's hard to move on when there is still this constant reminder, you know?

Anyway, thanks for being so supportive and I hope we'll all be able to meet up again soon on the pregnancy boards...Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed! x

Old 07-24-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
alison31
(female)

alison31 HB User

Kath,

I am a couple of days late in my reply but I also bled for approx. 6 weeks and I was only 5 weeks pg, also my blood levels (I forget the tech term) were not going all the way down, close but not enough. I was seeing a RE but she kept telling me to wait it out. Finally it had been going on so long she did an ultra sound and I had a very small cyst and that was what kept me bleeding. She put me on the pill for 2 weeks to stop the bleeding, it stopped right away.

Hope this helps!!

Alison

Old 07-26-2006, 04:30 AM   #5
Kathp
(female)

Kathp HB User

Thanks for your reply Alison. This is the course of action I am now taking.. going on the pill for a couple of weeks. We are off on holiday next week and the bleeding was showing no sign of stopping completely, so my doctor suggested a two to three week course of the pill. It has certainly done the trick, so at least I can now enjoy my holiday. I will be coming straight back off it again when we return home, start doing the B/D again and hopefully have my happy ending some time soon!

Closed Thread